Your LOVE life and your Reptiles.... Poll!!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

View Poll Results: To love or not to love?
Does your significant other dislikes and does not tolerate your reptiles? 2 2.00%
Do you think at some point your significant other will make you choose between him/her and your reptiles? 6 6.00%
Does your significant other tolerate them, but care less about them? 39 39.00%
Does your significant other enjoy your reptiles? 12 12.00%
Does your Significant other likes your reptiles and helps you with feeding and cleaning? 10 10.00%
Or is your significant other is a reptile freak just like you? 31 31.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2004, 12:25 AM   #11
BryonsBoas
My ex-wife got her ball on a dare from her ex-boyfriend. She claimed to love the critters but when the meltdown came it was her and her insanity or the snakes. I opted for the snakes to be my sanity and my kids cover all the craziness I really need.

Old 12-23-2004, 09:15 PM   #12
BallPyFan
Let's see here..
The guys *I* don't scare off all by myself, the dog scares (110# lovable Rottie)...
The ones who the dog doesn't scare, the snakes do...
So far, no men left standing between me, my puppy, and the snakes! Just a housemate who is as crazy as me on all 3 counts (no, he is NOT datable material)

Old 12-24-2004, 04:05 PM   #13
old guy
Maybe there should also be a spot

on this poll for ; have you ever been in a break-up or divorced due to reptiles ? I HAVE KNOWN MANY break-ups and divorces due to reptiles with 1 myself. In fact i know of at least 2 people that frequent this web forums that have also been in that situation. One fairly famous person here. LOL !

Old 12-24-2004, 07:34 PM   #14
BryonsBoas
My ex gave me the ultimatum of the snakes or her. The snakes are doing great .

Old 12-25-2004, 12:41 AM   #15
TooManyBurmese
Ahaha Katrina I know what you mean! My doggies are usually seen first before the snakes, and they do their fair share of causing me to be home on weekend nights I guess we're in the same boat. Although I bet I scare off more on my own than you hahaha. I have smelled like burnt ATF (which I can't get that smell out of my skin no matter what I do!!) for the past three days, and one of those days I had a blind date. I will not expect that guy to call back

Bryon that was a great quote there "The snakes are doing fine"! I am glad you stood up for the scaly critters

Old 12-25-2004, 12:57 AM   #16
DragonCharm
If a person can't respect your hobby (even if they aren't interested in it) they should be told to get the f**k out and not let the door hit them in the a** on the way out. Anyone I know that has given up a pet, car, etc for a spouse has always ended up with neither in the end since the relationship was already doomed to fail.

Old 12-25-2004, 10:03 PM   #17
Lonermon
hey there was no selections for " ( ) i dont even have a significant other , my pets are the only ones in my life and they dont even wanna listen to me whine anymore "
ahem , um , er not that I would fit into thaty category , uh , um , i jsut notices it wasnt there :scatter:

Old 12-26-2004, 12:44 AM   #18
BryonsBoas
I just started giving out disclsaimers

Anytime I talk to someone I'm interested in or vice-versa I put it all out on the table. My kids come first and NO I'm not giving up my babies. Especially since my boys are getting into the reptiles now. I come with baggage and alot of hungry mouths. Don't have the time for pussyfooting around with minor details.

Old 08-24-2005, 06:52 PM   #19
crotalusadamanteus
HA HA, had to go with the "choose between" option.

I've had a few women lay that on me before. Guess what? I still have my snakes. To me there is no choice. I had snakes and other herps my whole life, they've been like my sons and daughters.

Dont let the door hit you on the way out! Need help packing? A ride to the bus stop? LOL

Ciao,
Rick

Old 08-24-2005, 11:32 PM   #20
RedQuake
Great Thread! Honestly i think i've replaced the possibility of having a man in my life by having reptiles. I too put it all out on the table when i see someone i like (or someone who by chance is interested in me). I am shocked at how many guys are so sqeemish around them or just at the sound of the word reptiles. I did have an opportunity to meet up with a fellow reptile keeper. He had seen pics of my snake online and emailed me. We talked and got along great online............*should have kept it online*. But seeing as we lived close by eachother (i pass him on my way to work) and we would be going to the same reptile show next month i didn't think meeting would be a problem..................oh i was soooooooooooooo wrong. He hasn't talked to me much since. This time i can honestly say it was ME who scared him off. At first i was a bit peeved about it but i am who i am, i look the way i do, i have reptiles and other pets. I'm not about to change everything just for a guy.......

If you have to give up something that makes you happy, change who you are to please your significant other, i'm with the rest of you.........."theres the door" lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!