Your opinion of the perfect Party - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 08-21-2005, 06:19 AM   #1
Lucille
Your opinion of the perfect Party

I was just reading the description of a party I was invited to but did not attend, that lots of people showed up and there was a keg, jello shots & etc.

There are all kinds of parties: large loud ones, kid's parties (I used to take the kids when they were little to Chuck E Cheese's which is a pizza chain that has games for kids and activities) dinner parties, dance parties, etc.

My fave way to get together with people is to have no more than 10 invited and do a BBQ or something similar, good food and good talk. I do not much care for large cocktail parties.

How about y'all, what is your fave way to gather together and have a good time?

Old 08-21-2005, 07:07 AM   #2
Cat_72
My favorite way to "get together" is when we have 15-20 good friends over, fire up the grill, and just eat and talk (and have a few cold beers) around a big bonfire. We try to have a bonfire at least once a summer out here.....it seems as we grow older, we tend to lose touch with some of our oldest, "bestest" friends, and we try to get it together so we can even get some of our friends that have moved halfway across the country can be there.

The classic keg party has its merits on occasion as well though, lol.....although somewhere out there I think there's some pretty embarrassing pictures of me floating around from the last big serious party I went to.....was the Freedom Rally (biggest biker bash in Iowa), whaddaya expect???

Old 08-21-2005, 09:47 AM   #3
Chris Steele
I'd love to have a small get together of all my used to be best friends. I've seen as I move through highschool and grow older everyone changes so much. I don't talk to many of my original friends, but I'd like to just have a nice...sober...get together to see how everyones doing.. thats my idea of a great party/get together i guess, just because I really miss those friendships.

Old 08-24-2005, 11:10 AM   #4
kiote9
Memories *sigh*

I used to have parties once upon a time!

Anywhere from 4 to 15 people, BYOB...but expect to share as everyone did, wings and other finger food, euchre, darts, movies, conversation, children welcome and separated from the adults into a playroom with childrens entertainment provided. Bonfires on cool evenings for after the kids fall asleep.

Then I went back to work.

It kind of sucks to be an adult.

Old 08-25-2005, 12:11 AM   #5
RedQuake
I was always into the small private parties......just a few pple, lots of good food and conversation. Then univeristy came.....and went, but inbetween......it was all about being so crowed you could hardly move, loud music and alot of alcohol. That was fun while it lasted but i'm again back to preferring the small get togethers. I especially enjoy a fondu. Cheese and Chocolate fondus.......awesome! This has become a family New Years Eve ritual. The family (extended) would also gather at my aunts cottage over the summer for large bonfire parties........i miss those! I also love pool parties and getting together for a game of MadGab. (i think thats what its called LOL). You have to sound out sentences spelled all funky. Its an extreme blast when everyone has had a few to many

So for me the best party would include a fondu meal, pool, bonfire and playing silly games LOL.

Twister anyone? LOL

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!