Nicknames..... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 09-08-2005, 09:56 PM   #1
Lucille
Nicknames.....

Some of y'all chose some fairly strange screen names for use on this site. But, if you had a choice in the 'real world' of a nickname of your choice, what would it be, and why did you choose it??
(Be careful, if it matches and we like it, you may own it, lol....)

Old 09-08-2005, 10:18 PM   #2
RedQuake
I used to use Draco online, described me well since i was born in the year of the dragon. Then i switched to RedQuake....i like that. Its what i mainly use online (except for ballpythonchick sometimes........but not often and not here). Chosing one for the real world....well, i still like ~Red~ but without the quake LOL.

Ok so i'm rather boring in my choice but thats me

Old 09-09-2005, 12:30 AM   #3
Sasheena
I like the name I use here... it's my own name.

Some nicknames I've used in the past...

When I was a young college student I needed an alias to go by... couldn't think of one for anything... opened a book up and randomly chose a page and a location on the page... my finger landed on the word "Arcade" so I feminized it, and it became "Arcadia" .... I was that for a long time.

Then later, after I got my first computer, I needed a name for the "Bulletin Boards" I visited... so I first chose the name I'd given my computer: "Isophecles" and later, when I realized that people thought I was a guy heaven forbid! so I then became "Kittenish" (Kitten was taken)... I was "Kittenish" for a long time and then sort of departed from the need for screen/nicknames.... when I returned I used my old standby of "Isophecles" but had to change to a feminized form, so I used the name of a character from an Odyssey-Like poem I wrote for a college class: "Lady_Lithia" which became my name for a long time. Later I started selling stuff at Yahoo Auctions, so I went back to the more masculine sounding "Isophecles" .... and then I went offline again for a while...when I came back, I've been "Sasheena" ever since. I like my name quite well enough to just use that from here on.

Old 09-09-2005, 04:12 AM   #4
PaulSage
I'm not very creative, and neither were my parents. Oh well. At least people can't accuse of using aliases to cover my tracks! I use my real name for just about everything I can think of.

The only nickname I've ever had was "Pookie". No, I didn't like it. I got it one night when I was bowling with friends, and a drunk girl who was entering our names on the lane computer decided we all needed nicknames. She chose mine, so I chose hers. Hers was "DrunkGirl". I think her real name was Melinda or something like that.

Old 09-09-2005, 05:21 AM   #5
DAND
For a number of years I was known as Hippie and/or Hippie Dude (must be the hair). I'm sure there were some people who probably didn't even know my real name. Hell, my time card at work didn't have my given name on it.

Old 09-09-2005, 08:57 AM   #6
Cat_72
"pookie"?

Heh heh heh *snort* heh heh heh

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!