Is the BOI worth the $10.00 minimum? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

View Poll Results: Is the BOI worth the $10.00 minimum?
Yes 79 78.22%
No 22 21.78%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2005, 05:09 PM   #21
cthulhu77
LOL...good one.

seriously, this forum has gotten so negative, that the experience of coming here is more of a downer than of anything uplifting at all. Perhaps that is all in my head, and some of you enjoy the constant bashing, but I am tired of being whacked over the head every time I stick my head out of the shell.
I didn't hit this site for a month or so, and came back hoping to find out that it was different...that the negative posts were fewer, and the emails in the box were of a better nature.

boy, was I wrong.

greg

Old 10-08-2005, 05:21 PM   #22
Wilomn
Perspective and context Greg. When you're not here you look at things differently.

It's not nearly as bad as you seem to think it is, for me anyway. Why don't you come on over and help make it better. No joking, you're a good guy. Come by more. We definately need more good people here.

Old 10-08-2005, 06:15 PM   #23
Dennis1
Yes it is (Worth the ten dollars)
Sorry for the misunderstanding cat

Old 10-08-2005, 06:40 PM   #24
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthulhu77
LOL...good one.

seriously, this forum has gotten so negative, that the experience of coming here is more of a downer than of anything uplifting at all. Perhaps that is all in my head, and some of you enjoy the constant bashing, but I am tired of being whacked over the head every time I stick my head out of the shell.
I didn't hit this site for a month or so, and came back hoping to find out that it was different...that the negative posts were fewer, and the emails in the box were of a better nature.

boy, was I wrong.

greg
Greg,

In the last few months I can think of times when scammers have been busted and monies actually recovered. Sometimes the process is not nice, and sometimes there are a few idiots who come along simply with the intent to disrupt, but by and large the "system" is working.

And I agree with Wes. The BOI is a better place with your input. Come around more often.

Old 10-08-2005, 06:54 PM   #25
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthulhu77
But, wouldn't that be going "off-topic" ????
Perhaps you should explain to me what you believe the topic of this thread actually is, then. And how your answering my question would not be on topic. Granted, I suspect I know the answer, and if it goes into the hot button topic about venomoids that drives some people bonkers, then THAT would be off topic. But the topic is about the BOI specifically, and likely this site in general. By inference it is also about how I run it.

So within that context, you will not be off topic.

Old 10-10-2005, 11:50 AM   #26
Junkyard
Personally I did a lot of reading on this site before I decided to register In February. After that I did more reading and later on I decided to pay, I wanted to participate in conversations, I have had my name smeared and I almost left. It was those that were paid members here that let me know I was of some value, this meant a lot and the lesson I learned is invaluable. I believe the fee is small in comparision to what I learned, the friends I made, and the scammers I have been able to avoid. Greg I have read some of your posts and your imput was not at a loss, I have learned from you just as others have.

Sure there are those here that like to cause trouble, some even like to debate even though they agree. All in all, this is not a bad place because they are small in number. I voted yes the BOI is worth the $10 fee.

Old 10-10-2005, 12:35 PM   #27
Junkyard
One more thing I would like to add. If someone comes on the BOI to post a Good Guy about me, than my paid fee to say thank you to them is worth the money.

Old 10-10-2005, 02:55 PM   #28
akaangela
I voted yes. It is worth the money to me (and believe me my money is tight). There are a hundred little reasons, the the main ones are being able to do a purchase, trade, and not be as worried about getting scammed. There is a lot of help when you have questions also. The BIO is worth its weight in gold!

Old 10-10-2005, 02:58 PM   #29
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard
One more thing I would like to add. If someone comes on the BOI to post a Good Guy about me, than my paid fee to say thank you to them is worth the money.
Never looked at it from that point of view. Excellent point!!!

Old 10-10-2005, 04:59 PM   #30
cthulhu77
Yes, webslave, you were right on the money.

I have met some very interesting people here, no doubt...and would most certainly want to buy them a cerveza anytime we met up.(and yes, this includes you, Rich)
But. It gets very tiresome seeing post after post of bashing with no facts, or mis-diagnosed problems. It seems as though people are lashing out before taking some time to let their tempers settle, and think things through.

You all know that everyone makes mistakes, and sometimes they are not malicious at all...maybe the person has had something crop up that they have to deal with, and as important as the sale or trade may be to YOU, it may be of lesser value to them...a bit of tolerance here would go a long way....

greg

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!