An end to competing advertising on this site (Rescinded!) - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:22 PM   #51
crotalusadamanteus
Ain't nobody else gonna go through all the trouble you've put into this place, to try and create something similar. I just can't see it even being tried.

Even if someone hated you, or had it in for you enough to try, the BOI is already too well established, and known, for that to succeed. But I'm sure it would be a pretty comical attempt.

My 2¢

Old 07-18-2008, 10:37 PM   #52
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus
Ain't nobody else gonna go through all the trouble you've put into this place, to try and create something similar. I just can't see it even being tried.

Even if someone hated you, or had it in for you enough to try, the BOI is already too well established, and known, for that to succeed. But I'm sure it would be a pretty comical attempt.

My 2¢
I suspect there are a couple of people out there just as dumb as I am....

Old 07-18-2008, 10:58 PM   #53
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I could not point at specific examples as I never paid enough attention to actually check out the other sites~ but as I recall over the years there has been at least two or three that claimed they would and could do it "Better" than Fauna......usually throwing it in Rich's face when they try it........seems like I've not heard anything like that for a while now.....guess they were wrong. I don't imagine it will be long before another comes along and builds a "better" mousetrap that won't catch mice~ they come and they go. Just blow it off like you always have Rich~ less trouble for you in the long run.

Old 07-18-2008, 11:19 PM   #54
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
I suspect there are a couple of people out there just as dumb as I am....
You don't exactly strike me as a dumb person. Tenacious perhaps..... but that's an admirable enough trait.

I'll have to take your word on the rest. I personally have never run across one of those sites that I'm aware of. But I don't exactly search for new forums to join either. LOL

Like you said, let the cards fall where they fall. Ain't NOTHING worth making yourself sick over.

Old 07-19-2008, 02:08 PM   #55
Golden Gate Geckos
Quote:
The only caveat to this is if I have a PERSONAL reason to dislike someone or their website, then their advertising will not be accepted.
Do you think you will ever lift the ban and do away with the word filter here for:
{deleted}
??????

Old 07-19-2008, 02:32 PM   #56
Jim O
Marcia,

Why are you poking the bear?

Old 07-19-2008, 02:34 PM   #57
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Gate Geckos
Do you think you will ever lift the ban and do away with the word filter here for:
{deleted}
??????
No. Because of the WHY of the matter, and the subsequent gutting of the leopard gecko forum here. This clearly falls under the "crapping in my living room" policy.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:20 AM   #58
Bill Stonegate
Webslave, I don't blame you one second for your decisions. Unlike most webmasters, you have the intelligence, patience and civility to explain your decisions, and even ask members if they have a better idea.

My hat is off to you on many different levels.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:25 PM   #59
Gretel9696
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
That's just not the way I do things. Maybe because that was how my father was, and I would rather not be like him.
Are we related? I don't ever remember getting a reason or at least a logical reason for any of my daddy's decisions.

Sellers in eBay forums are ruthless and the community on Etsy has more backstabbers arriving every week. I refuse to enter one hedgehog forum.
I read and join forums to read and learn. Learning from the mistakes of others
is way more painless than experiencing it for myself.

The newest money making trend that is going to self destruct is ghost hunting on tv. Religion has cornered the market on selling something that may or may not exist. I don't see reselling K2 meters, IR thermometers, and all of the other ghost hunting equipment as the next big thing. I could be wrong. Parker Brothers is still making Ouija boards.

Trying to educate the public about the living creatures that share the land with us makes sense to me. Sharing the animals with others should make people want to keep them from becoming extinct.

Oops. I'm rambling now. Feel free to move this post to the proper area of this site.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #60
Alex G
AND LIKE A PHOENIX RESURRECTING FROM IT'S OWN ASHES, THIS THREAD IS REVIVED FROM IT'S TWO-YEAR SLUMBER!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!