Weird pics....snake eats golf balls? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:12 PM   #1
Cat_72
Weird pics....snake eats golf balls?

I received these pics in my email.....the snake was supposedly found in the Arizona desert like this, which I find hard to believe, but anyhoo, interesting pics nonetheless. I'm not 100% what kind of snake it is, if anyone would care to enlighten me, I'd appreciate it.

The pics LOOK to be genuine, though I don't know....

Old 05-02-2008, 05:30 PM   #2
Uroboros
Of the spcies of snake, I don't know.

As for the golf balls, the thing that caught my eye is that they are completely opaque in the xray. True, the particular shot may have been a low dose or something and a soft item may show up as opaque.

I found this on google somewhere. I would guess that it would be possible for some sort of snake to eat a golf ball, but since their mad food location skillz are in the heat sensors and the "smell" I would wonder how bored a snake must be to do so. (when trying to get a WC emerald to eat a room temperature thawed rat is difficult)

Old 05-02-2008, 05:38 PM   #3
The BoidSmith
Maybe this python was confused, but you want to hear something even weirder?

Quote:
Snake Ball Fetches Record Price
January 15, 2008
The EBay auction of the golf balls surgically removed from a python has fetched $1401 Australian. (about $1200 US).

FOUR golf balls surgically removed from a python which swallowed them thinking they were hen eggs have been sold for $1401.

More than 500 eBay bidders from around the world were watching the auction which raised money for the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary’s new community wildlife hospital on the Gold Coast.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:45 PM   #4
Cat_72
LOL, that's just TOO weird.

I guessed that it had perhaps thought they were eggs, and apparently I was correct....and it's cool that the money went to a wildlife sanctuary....but who would spend that kind of money for golf balls??? I'm going to guess it was purely philanthropic and had nothing to do with the golf balls themselves, lol.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:25 PM   #5
TheFragginDragon
I knew this story sounded familiar.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=107342

Old 05-02-2008, 06:26 PM   #6
Jim O
It's a coastal carpet python so clearly not from Arizona, but rather Australia.

Here a link to the original story:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/unusual-t...949879965.html

Old 05-02-2008, 06:30 PM   #7
Cat_72
Cool Jim, thank you! I thought it was some type of Carpet, but I really wasn't sure.

That's one lucky snake.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!