Weirdometer - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

View Poll Results: What kind of stuff do YOU think is weird? (More than 1 OK)
Biting off the heads of bats onstage 77 64.17%
Keeping tarantulas (this is one of the correct answers lol) 20 16.67%
Talking to ones self in public 40 33.33%
Zen 15 12.50%
Having tiny dogs and dressing them in little sweaters in winter 77 64.17%
Playing golf 32 26.67%
Going to Walmart at 3AM 19 15.83%
Dating in general 8 6.67%
Tofu 60 50.00%
Politics 21 17.50%
Social games/fraternities/sororities/exclusive clubs 48 40.00%
Badass motorcycle dudes 6 5.00%
Trolls 54 45.00%
Rings and jewelry in strange body places 20 16.67%
other 26 21.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2005, 05:42 AM   #1
Lucille
Weirdometer

Some things are funny weird, some are slightly out of the ordinary weird, some behavior make you pause and think, and some stuff is just flat out strange.
There are a LOT of unusual people here and some of them are pretty weird (not me of course ).
Which sorts of things are perfectly OK by you, and which are truly weird?

Old 03-10-2005, 06:17 AM   #2
DAND
OTHER:

Those people who have the goose that they change the clothing on as the seasons or hoildays change.

Old 03-10-2005, 06:34 AM   #3
Lucille
Ummmmmmm.....David?
You outed me, lol.......
I even have the baby gosling that comes with the coordinating outfits to match the Mom goose.....

Old 03-10-2005, 07:36 AM   #4
DAND
Unhappy Say it isn't so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
Ummmmmmm.....David?
You outed me, lol.......
I even have the baby gosling that comes with the coordinating outfits to match the Mom goose.....
Please tell me at least that you don't have one perched on your mailbox at the street like my neighbors do.

Old 03-10-2005, 07:52 AM   #5
robin d.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
OTHER:

Those people who have the goose that they change the clothing on as the seasons or hoildays change.
the goose? wtf is that?

are you saying, the people whom feel over whelmed with the spirit or every holiday to say wear their christmas ear rings, sweaters and*cute* little craftly decorated Keds tennis shoes with bells ,snowmen andsnowflakes?

if so YES that's weird

i remember a girl back in school, stephanie something or another whom wore bunny earings, a bunny sweat shirt and *cute* ked carfted bunny shoes for easter.. they all matched... sick.. it made it funnier that she had orange hair

Old 03-10-2005, 07:55 AM   #6
Lucille
Robin:
There is a goose decoration sold that is about 18" high and comes with a set of outfits that one dresses them in depending on holiday and season; a little bunny outfit complete with ears for Easter, a ski outfit in winter, etc......

David:
No of course not, their outfits would get wet in the rain....heh

Let that be a lesson to you, no matter how well you think you know someone, weirdness can lurk undiscovered until a fortuitous event brings their hidden secrets into the light of day, lol......

I hope we can still be friends after this disclosure..... ...Who knows, there may be other facets of my personality some might consider unusual, too....

"Fronti nulla fides"

Old 03-10-2005, 08:23 AM   #7
cthulhu77
Uh....that is somewhat unusual (the goose), but I don't think that qualifies you as weird, Lucille...odd perhaps, but not weird...

Can't really come up with anything off the top of my head that I think of as being weird...body piercings aren't my thing, but Shanlyn sets off the metal detector at the airport...from the garage. LOL.
Maybe because the artworld is sooooo bizarre, a lot of what people think of as "weird" seems normal to me...like my friend Erich's christmas party...featuring a "cthulhumass", with naked sea maidens and a ton of goths...:

http://www.eatenbysquid.com/

Old 03-10-2005, 08:26 AM   #8
robin d.
Quote:
Robin:
There is a goose decoration sold that is about 18" high and comes with a set of outfits that one dresses them in depending on holiday and season; a little bunny outfit complete with ears for Easter, a ski outfit in winter, etc......
ok same thing just on a HUMAN... thats even worse

Old 03-10-2005, 12:53 PM   #9
shrap
People who make polls all the time are weird..... just kidding, Lucille.

I really do not judge things. I am a pretty open minded person and truly live by the old "Live and let live" philosophy. As long as someone is not harming others, feel free to do whatever floats your boat.

I mean we all have our own little idiosyncrasies and peccadilloes that others may find weird or odd, but those are the little things that make us who we are as individuals. That's the good stuff.

Old 03-10-2005, 02:20 PM   #10
Lucille
Poor, poor Lucille; laboring to delight and titillate with these wonderful polls, and gets NO RESPECK.
Being shy and patient, I will just listen with sorrow; if I were one to stand up for myself I might say to those who want to be polless, "vescere bracis meis...."

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!