Recreational debate - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 07-18-2005, 02:12 PM   #1
Lucille
Recreational debate

After hanging around for a while, I notice that many debates on the internet follow a formula. Someone says something, and then someone else (someone #2) says something completely different. Someone #1 gets their knickers in a knot and says something they probably ought not be saying about someone #2, and then someones #3,4,5 et al, chime in with their take on the situation.

This is an exercise, just for fun, to recreate the typical internet debate tempest. Because it is just for fun, I will not be using ANY hot button words to start it off, such as **venomoid, dumbass, USPS, or Lucille**.

So, the way it works is that I will give an opening statement, and then it will turn into a complete free for all that y'all can respond to as you see fit, but not necessarily using any words or phrases that actually constitute a real argument, as this is supposed to be just for fun. Here goes:

"The sky is blue".

Old 07-18-2005, 02:18 PM   #2
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
"The sky is blue".
Not on a cloudy day.... dumbass.

How was that?

Old 07-18-2005, 02:22 PM   #3
Lucille
Now we need more someones chiming in with THEIR side, but that IS the way it goes....

Old 07-18-2005, 02:25 PM   #4
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Not on a cloudy day.... dumbass.

How was that?

Yeah, the sky is NEVER blue when it's raining venomoids, dumbass.....

Old 07-18-2005, 02:43 PM   #5
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
Yeah, the sky is NEVER blue when it's raining venomoids, dumbass.....
IT IS if they are BLUE venomoids.

Old 07-18-2005, 03:05 PM   #6
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
IT IS if they are BLUE venomoids.
Yeah, but if it's night-time how would you be able to tell what color anything is? Wait, let me guess... take it to photoshop and play with the tint and contrast, right?

If you ask me (and shame on all of you for not doing that in the first place) assigning color names to anything is just your opinion.

**The stars at night, are big and bright *clap clap clap clap* deep in the heart of Texas**

Old 07-18-2005, 03:08 PM   #7
kiote9
(The following is a true story. Only the names, places, and facts have been changed to protect the indecent.)

The sky was blue on that fateful day when an airplane containing express for the USPS developed a hole in the cargo area and rained down illegally shipped venomoids. The jerk who shipped them was a real dumbass!

But, the sky was blue that day Lucille!!!

Today the damn sky is gray and large drops of water are falling from it preventing me from sunning and swimming.

I'm blue

Old 07-18-2005, 03:11 PM   #8
kiote9
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSage
If you ask me (and shame on all of you for not doing that in the first place) assigning color names to anything is just your opinion.
I heard somewhere that men see only 7 colors and women see like 252 shades.

Old 07-18-2005, 03:30 PM   #9
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiote9
I heard somewhere that men see only 7 colors and women see like 252 shades.
When shopping for shoes.

Somebody had to jump

Old 07-18-2005, 03:34 PM   #10
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
When shopping for shoes.

Somebody had to jump
How are there 7 colors of shoes, much less 252 shades? Black, brown or white, right? Unless you're a clown maybe. Or an elf.

(now we must continue off topic, with no more mention of the sky, k?) lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!