Feeder Shipping Costs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

View Poll Results: Priority Mail vs FedEx 2nd day AM
FedEx 2nd day AM (cost $17-$20) 2 66.67%
Priority Mail ($12-$13.50) 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
charlie476
Feeder Shipping Costs

Ive ran into a dilemma. Ive been shipping mealworms with USPS priority mail. They say its 2-3 day shipping in most cases. But if you look long and hard it says its not a guaranteed service. I sent out alot of boxes this past Monday and here it is Thursday. It still shows they have not been sorted at the local sorting facility. Luckily its not summer yet so they wont be roasted.

So I talked with my FedEx rep and about the best I can get is 50% off. I was just wanted to get personal opinions on shipping costs.

Would you rather pay $12-$13.50 for priority mail2-3day service that might take a week

Or spend $17-$20 and get 2nd day AM by 10:30

Im trying to make the correct call and looking for help from my fellow forums friends

Thanks everyone
Charlie

PS forgot to add another thing that bothers me not only do you not know exactly when to expect your shipment you have no way of tracking it with USPS priority mail

Old 04-28-2011, 02:56 PM   #2
FosterHerpetological
I would just explain both to the buyer and let them decide. Whoch ever they choose is what I would use.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:54 PM   #3
defcon222
Part of the problem with USPS is that they are not 'required' to scan the package at every stop. Generally, they get scanned when picked up/dropped off and when delivered, but in between is anyone's guess. I've personally never run into a problem, but the tracking system isn't the best (as evident by the cheaper cost).

Old 04-30-2011, 01:30 PM   #4
futureherpbreeder
They have an option for a fee to have it tracked, we do alot of Ebay selling and always get it! lol theres a bunch of scammers out there!! Been burnt quite a few times with the recieving party saying it never arrived.

Josh

Oh yeah, PM sent

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!