Informal presidential election poll - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

View Poll Results: If you could vote today for the president of the USA, who would you vote for?
Barack Obama 59 27.96%
Ron Paul 85 40.28%
Newt Gingrich 12 5.69%
Mitt Romney 13 6.16%
Rick Santorum 11 5.21%
None Of The Above 31 14.69%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2012, 03:20 PM   #111
akonitony
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
And BTW, I understand Spanish very well. Just because I won't be forced to speak it, means nothing. So keep your derogatory reference to yourself please.
I'm only married to a spaniard, I only speak 'American English', and I asked my wife how you should introduce yourself, then typed in what she told me to type...

She told me it was a fitting way for you to introduce yourself, and I'm guessing at what it means, just like "Tu me voelves loquito" means "I love you very much", which she is always telling me. Such a sweet girl...

Old 03-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #112
akonitony
Quote:
Blah blah bla-blah-blah, blah ... blah!

So, why is it so hard to acquire a BASIC understanding of the English language in order to become a citizen here, if they can learn it in other countries thousands of miles away from here, on completely different continents? It's not like they're asking people to become English majors.

Keep those excuses coming. this is getting really amusing.

Agreed. Without getting into a discussion on Broca's area (look it up), I think you'll find most people who become citizens meet said requirement. Getting back to the original point of your avatar possibly making you look foolish (not name calling here, just stating an opinion), and after providing proof there is no official language, defense rest, your honor (still not name calling).

Addendum: I still love the fact we are a melting pot, as it would be pretty boring to have only one language allowed in this country.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #113
crotalusadamanteus
Te quiero con todo mi corrazon... Is how I learned it. . Then again, I admit, I learned Mexican spanish, not true Spain spanish.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #114
salottimc
Quote:
Originally Posted by akonitony View Post
Agreed. But to tell someone they cannot come to this country because you can't understand what they are saying is wrong as well, is it not? Do you know how difficult, if not physically impossible, it is for someone who is in their later years in life to learn a new language? Try flipping your statement around, and you'll say there is nothing that states they have to cater to you who do not speak the same language as them. Now, what say you?

Push 1 for English, 2 for Spanish, or 3 for Gibberish.
I fully agree. There is nothing that says whoever doesn't speak my language needs to cater to me. In fact, most countries have a recognized language. I would be an idiot to become a citizen somewhere that I could not communicate with people.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #115
crotalusadamanteus
Anyway, I think we've strayed off topic way more then Rich usually allows, so...

RON PAUL for 2012!

Old 03-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #116
salottimc
Quote:
Anyway, I think we've strayed off topic way more then Rich usually allows, so...

RON PAUL for 2012!

Old 03-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #117
akonitony
Quote:
Originally Posted by salottimc View Post
I fully agree. There is nothing that says whoever doesn't speak my language needs to cater to me. In fact, most countries have a recognized language. I would be an idiot to become a citizen somewhere that I could not communicate with people.
Hey! No name calling!!!

Old 03-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #118
dumje
What do they call a person that speaks 3 languages....trilingual

What do they call someone that speaks 2 languages...bilingual

What do they call someone that speaks 1 language...American

Pretty sad that in our country we are stuck that way....they spoke English to you because thats all they figured you knew...props to them for speaking multiple languages....

Im proud to be an American...Im proud to be an american of mixed background which gives me the ability to look at issues from both sides...

Old 03-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #119
dumje
god...whoever becomes president needs to lead us out of this crap we are in...GO VOTE!!!!

Old 03-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #120
akonitony
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumje View Post
What do they call a person that speaks 3 languages....trilingual

What do they call someone that speaks 2 languages...bilingual

What do they call someone that speaks 1 language...American

Pretty sad that in our country we are stuck that way....they spoke English to you because thats all they figured you knew...props to them for speaking multiple languages....

Im proud to be an American...Im proud to be an american of mixed background which gives me the ability to look at issues from both sides...
At least your humble about it

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!