Quantity Colubrids (10 snake minimum) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Other Snakes

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 02:02 AM   #11
Clay Davenport
That statement is incorrect Dennis.
Michael, I don't mean this as disrespect, although I'm sure it could be taken as such, but please understand what it is you are commenting on before making assumptions.

My website is not sponsored by any one specific entity. The ads you see on my site are Google ads. These ads are a function of page content. Based on the content of a page, Google serves various ads from a pool of advertisers who are associated with that content. Petsmart as well as Petco have both paid Google to be included in that pool and you will from time to time see ads for both appear on my site. Refresh the page and you'll likely see a different set of ads completely. You'll also see ads for The Bean Farm and quite a few breeders who use Goggle's service. You'll also see ads for some website selling feather boas. It's all based on keywords.
The point being I do not actively choose whose ads appear, and therefore their appearance on my site is not suggestive of my endorsement of any one of them. That sponsorship of my site is by Google, they are the ones who send me the trifling sum for each click those ads get, not the advertisers themselves.

Despite the fact that I do not do business with these chain stores, I have no problem allowing them to help me cover the costs of providing the reptile community with the information that I do. If you have a problem with that then I'm sorry, but it's your issue.
I do have the ability to prevent specific ads from appearing, and I have prevented ads from Peta and the HSUS, but I see no real need to ban ads from these chain stores.
If you want to cause them a minor bit of trouble, everytime you see one of their ads on my site click it, Google charges them and I get part of the money. Everyone wins.

If you have any other issues with me or assumptions about my ethics, please post them and I'll address those as well.
As for my opinions on the original poster and his business practices, all my comments still stand, and will stand, he functions as a parasite on our hobby.

Old 01-19-2007, 11:03 AM   #12
mcgrath5860
Thank You

Point well taken. Thanks for the info

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread