What should i put in a 6x6.5x3 ft enclosure? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
reptile143
What should i put in a 6x6.5x3 ft enclosure?

I have a walk in enclosure that is 6.5ft tall, a little more than 6ft long and a little more than 3ft deep. what should i put in it? every suggestion will be considered and thank you. but nothing roughly over $200

Old 07-02-2009, 10:19 PM   #2
Tiger Lilly
A little more info, please?
Is this an inside enclosure or outside?
What is it made of?
Do you want something because it's "cool" or because you are seriously interested in reptiles?
Do you have any experience with reptiles?
Have you been to any reptile shows and checked out all they have to offer?
Have you checked out the forums this site has to offer?
Do you know anyone with reptiles that can give you suggestions?
And MOST IMPORTANT: do you already have a reptile vet in mind?
If not, start looking for one, NOW!
Now, if you really have know idea what you want, browse the discussion forums, check out the classifieds and see what strikes your fancy. THEN do your research and make sure you are able to offer the care that particular critter needs.
And I can't stress enough--HAVE A GOOD REPTILE/HERP VET FIRST!
Better to have the vet & no critter than to have a sick critter & no vet...

Old 07-02-2009, 10:28 PM   #3
Twizted Paths
Have you checked for legal restrictions?

Old 07-02-2009, 10:50 PM   #4
reptile143
im just looking for some brainstorming to see what people shoot at me and yes i have everything in mind its a wood enclosure indoor, i have a few Savannah monitors one full grown 3 water dragons and a 14inch snapper im experienced. sorry for the lack of information im just looking for various ideas. Thank you though its shows you care about the animals well being.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:55 PM   #5
Tiger Lilly
Well, it sounds like you are into the lizard aspect of the herp world; and it's nice to hear that you have some experience. What about some kind of chameleon?
I don't know much about them (but I've always liked looking) other than they like to climb.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:01 PM   #6
Twizted Paths
That's a good idea! Do a forum search for chameleons, there's a whole thing about colonies of them being good around in here somewhere.

Um, I think it was in a thread about whether or not dispositions are genetically determinable.

They're so awesome to watch & if you like setting up environments you'd really enjoy all the creativity you'd have room for.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:11 PM   #7
reptile143
thank you for the suggestion! that may be a great idea

Old 07-03-2009, 03:19 AM   #8
Twizted Paths
Found it!

The thread I was telling you about is here

The chameleon talk begins in post #24 if you want to skip through the snake talk.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!