Old thread editing - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:07 PM   #1
Camel413
Old thread editing

How come some of my old classified ads the edit button is gone. Since I am the last poster on those threads I can not post for an update and I can not go to the first post and mark certain animals as "sold"

What is the time line/cut off time to edit a post?

Old 01-18-2011, 12:54 AM   #2
WebSlave
I can't remember what the cutoff time is, but I had to do that after a few instances of maturity challenged members got their panties in a wad and went back through as many posts as they could to just edit out the entire contents. Played hell on a lot of threads at the time.

So yeah, this is the kind of crap we have to put up with, then try to set up safeguards to keep it from happening in the future.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:06 AM   #3
hhmoore
I think you said a while back that classifieds could be edited by the OP for 6 months?
Realistically, I would think that if an ad has been around for 3-4 months, most people would just (delete it) and post a new one.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:13 AM   #4
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I think you said a while back that classifieds could be edited by the OP for 6 months?
Realistically, I would think that if an ad has been around for 3-4 months, most people would just (delete it) and post a new one.
Actually the length of time to allow editing is a global feature and cannot be customized for each forum. I actually wish it could, as it would make situations like this much easier to manage. But it's just not the kind of thing I want to throw custom coding at to make it the way I want it. It's getting too expensive to do upgrades to the vBulletin software with all those modifications that have to be rewritten each time.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:54 PM   #5
Camel413
awesome, thanks for the info.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!