decisions, decisions - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-30-2007, 02:57 PM   #1
breakdown
decisions, decisions

Ok finally i got my girlfriend to agree to one more snake ( i had to get her a chihuahua to do it though) the problem is which one! I think i have it narrowed down to two either a chondro or jungle carpet but i cant decide i want something that is more of a challenge but i dont want to get in over my head. i went from a ball to a bci so whats the best next step? opinions? i consider my self ready to deal with either, I love my snakes now and pay more attention to them than my girlfriend. Oh and which one would be less likely to eat a chihuahua in the event of an escape, i've already got my boa to worry about and would rather not increase the odds.

Old 03-30-2007, 03:25 PM   #2
iasc300
lol nice Andrew- If it was me I would get the JCP but im partial

Old 03-30-2007, 03:34 PM   #3
breakdown
im leaning in that direction but gtps are so cool lookin ( not that jungles arent). are jungles more entertaining to watch, or at least more active?

Old 03-30-2007, 03:50 PM   #4
iasc300
I have never personally owned a GTP but my carpets are always in the limbs and branches I have out for them- I have actually watched my IJ for closed to 1 1/2 hours just climbing around- Very peaceful in my opinion- also very beautiful snakes- They are both very nice snakes- Hopefully someone with a GTP with chime in-

Old 04-01-2007, 12:34 AM   #5
ravensgait
Hard question to really answer,,,, If you really like to handle your animals then a Carpet would be the better choice. If your looking for an animal to just look at then a Chondro would be the pick..

Having kept a number of these guys I'd say that Carpets are easier to keep but if given a choice I'd say both lol. Either animal will do well if set up right so it really is up to you and what you want... Yeah not much help was I... Randy

Old 04-07-2007, 05:48 PM   #6
Kaa needs a wife
My wife got me a GTP for our anniversary. I love my wife hahahaha. I also absolutely love "Oscar" as he is named. he is very active usually at nightafter I shut his light off. but he is a very docile snake. I didn't believe it at first but it is true. He is fully handleable. So long as you don't try and soak him. LOL I have had more problems with JCP than my chondro. So that's just my 2 cents

Just in case.......... you don't really believe me here's a photo of my wife and Oscar

Old 04-15-2007, 03:28 PM   #7
IloveSnakes1234
You have a very pretty wife Jason! And GTP.
I would say JCP because they are usually calm and very beautiful. GTP might be agressive (Not always though).

Old 04-15-2007, 06:04 PM   #8
Kaa needs a wife
The only time that he has shown any aggression was when my wife tried to soak him while we were ridding him of mites. I believe he got them from the polace we purchased him from. Arrrgghhh what a pain. Thank you for the compliments .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!