Rick Miller---proof? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-05-2004, 03:13 PM   #1
Matt Lackemeyer
Rick Miller---proof?

Hello all,
I was wondering if anybody has ever proved out any Rick Miller hets. Does anybody know him personally? Would they stand by his hets? He seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. I have heard good things about him, when he was around but nobody can get ahold of him.
He specialized in albinos and pieds as well as retics. His story (for comparisons) is that he was sold 3 100% het females and bred them to his albino male in 2002. Each had 5 eggs--all normals and no albinos. He said he was scammed and couldn't/didn't need to hang on to these that long. So he was practically giving them away at the time. Of course no paperwork, but several long conversations may have swindled me.
He lives in Ohio and anybody neighboring around could surely help. Please, let us know...I know there are quite a few that have them.

thanks
matt lackemeyer

Old 10-05-2004, 04:20 PM   #2
Matt Lackemeyer
By the way...he screens his calls....if you call, hang up and call back...it is busy as if somebody is checking there voicemail....

I have a phone and address if anybody wants to stop by or call until he responds....we need to get to the bottom of this

Matt Lackemeyer

Old 10-05-2004, 06:06 PM   #3
wyblep
Rick Miller Hets

Hello Matt my name is Paul and I too have been asking around about this same subject I have an 02 of his (het albino female) she is 1200 grams and pounding food so she should go for me this year I will be breeding her to my male albino so we will see if she proves out a close freind of mine also has a female het albino from him too she is about 1300 grams so one of us should hit and finally put this to rest. I will keep you updated thanks again paul

Old 10-05-2004, 08:45 PM   #4
Matt Lackemeyer
Hey Paul,
Mine are good eaters too. I have been e-mailed by a few people that a friend of his in Ohio is also running a scam and was posted about on BOI (I'll have to get his name). Can you get him on the phone? I'm trying and looking to get as many people to call him...possibly to even pay him a visit to see these animals. His e-mail doesn't work, he screens his calls, and offered at 1 time 15 (which matches my story) hets for 1500....back in 2002...not sure about him.

Matt Lackemeyer

Old 10-05-2004, 09:25 PM   #5
wyblep
Wow 15 for 1500 I am not feeling to good about this. Expecially seeing how they were going for about 1000 a piece back in 02. I actually bought mine from Ed at JE Reptiles he said it was produced from Rick and gave me the paperwork on her so we will see I really hope she proves out she is the only het I will have big enough this year

Old 10-05-2004, 09:34 PM   #6
Matt Lackemeyer
Good you have paperwork from a breeder....Here is a link and an address to the police department in Strongsville, OH and fraud bureau. If he doesn't respond soon--I mean soon--things will move.

Please, somebody prove me wrong and say that they can get ahold of him.

Spread the word and I will be contacting several Rick Miller alleged het recipients. If he is a fraud, he shouldn't get away with it!

Strongsville Police Dept.
18688 Royalton Road
Strongsville, OH 44136
(440) 238-7373

http://www.fraudbureau.com/

Matt Lackemeyer

Old 10-05-2004, 09:42 PM   #7
wyblep
Well I think we should wait another few months and see if any of these things prove out and also you said he was selling 15 for 1500. was that a mix of male and females or all females I have only seen people with lone females so far and I am sure he did not only produce all females and out of 3 clutches does anyone know the ratios he got? Paul

PS. if you can matt please email me all his contact info thanks again Paul

Old 10-05-2004, 09:48 PM   #8
Matt Lackemeyer
I went back and looked...meant to say 10 het females for 1500. I have his contact info. I sent you a private e-mail w/ his address and number

matt lackemeyer

Old 10-06-2004, 07:56 AM   #9
Double "D" Reptiles
any relation????

Just wondering...the name caught my attention so I had to look up the old info on another site. Is this guy possibly any relation to Jeffery Charles Miller...the guy who got caught after stealing balls from Bob Clark? I know that a couple of years ago the whereabouts of those snakes was listed as "unknown."

If the guy's seemingly vanished or appears to be "dumping" the offspring, then it just sounds a bit fishy to me. It would at least be worth checking out.

David

Old 10-06-2004, 08:19 AM   #10
Matt Lackemeyer
I'm not sure...if you call him you get a machine everytime w/ an option to leave a message for Patty or Richard. So he apparently is still there....just forgets how to return messages.

thanks for the heads up---

matt lackemeyer

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!