GOOD NEWS! Paying taxes is [I]voluntary![/I] - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #1
MikeCurtin
GOOD NEWS! Paying taxes is [I]voluntary![/I]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7mRSI8yWwg

Old 03-19-2009, 12:05 PM   #2
GottaLuvHerps
Wow, this guy is incredible. Glad to see the people of NV have (had?) a great senator who is representing them telling them that although it's voluntary to pay taxes, if you don't, you go to jail or pay penalties.

I like his thinking that it is a voluntary system because our employers are not required to take ALL of our taxes from our paychecks (unlike Europe in his example). So, I guess it is voluntary ONLY if we CHOOSE not to work?

I love the government. LOL

Old 03-19-2009, 12:22 PM   #3
WebSlave
Yeah.... kind of like the "Paperwork Reduction Act". Now how much MORE paperwork do you think that little gem generated....

And "Tax Simplification"...

Really, I would like to see income tax become voluntary. When doing my taxes, I always enter all the income first into Turbo Tax. When I see that LARGE tax liability staring me in the face, it gives me a LOT of incentive to go seeking out all the deductions I can find. Trust me, seeing a notice telling you that you OWE a third of what you earned to the government will get your blood a boiling in a hurry. I wouldn't mind so much if they had done a third of the workload....

Old 03-19-2009, 01:04 PM   #4
GottaLuvHerps
I think one of my biggest problems with the taxation system we have in this country now is how it hurts the less fortunate of us out there and benefits those with thick-lined pockets. We are a family of 7 with one sustainable income (not counting the shows), and we pay more taxes than the guy that Matt works with that just has himself, his wife and 1 baby. And take into account how much we PAID into the system for someone like his co-worker to get government benefits that we are $17 a year over the limit to get (quite literally) when the co-worker makes the exact same amount as Matt, but he owns his home, we rent. He has more expenses because he likes to "play" too much and spend his money on crap - we concentrate on feeding the 5 kids and making sure the electricity stays on. He drives a BMW, we drive old beat up trucks. But the government gives him OUR tax money for benefits because he spends too much on crap and we are frugal and smart with our money. But it's because we pay our taxes VOLUNTARILY to help guys like him abuse the system...
I like the idea I heard about in some email - the people who go get jobs have to take drug tests to get the job. How about those people who want welfare benefits having to take drug tests, be on mandatory birth control, and have stricter reporting policies on their income to get those benefits. There is nothing wrong with needing help if it is legitimate, but one reason our taxes are so high is because of those taking advantage of the system.
I could go on for hours. But I have more show paperwork to do for Saturday. Booking 2 vendors today is not a bad thing 2 days before the show, but MAN does the paperwork involved SUCK!

Old 03-19-2009, 05:04 PM   #5
MikeCurtin
I'll try to post a "Tea Party" thread shortly. There is an organization asking all citizens to mail a teabag to Washington as a means of protesting oppressive taxation. They've got to be in the mail the first week of April so that they'll get to DC by the 15th.

Don't know about you, but I'm in!

Old 03-19-2009, 07:33 PM   #6
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo View Post
I'll try to post a "Tea Party" thread shortly. There is an organization asking all citizens to mail a teabag to Washington as a means of protesting oppressive taxation. They've got to be in the mail the first week of April so that they'll get to DC by the 15th.

Don't know about you, but I'm in!
Wouldn't it make more sense to mail it with the tax forms?

Old 03-20-2009, 12:17 AM   #7
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Wouldn't it make more sense to mail it with the tax forms?
BRILLIANT!!!!

Old 03-20-2009, 08:35 AM   #8
GottaLuvHerps
Don't forget to add in a TON of blank paper. Wrap your tax forms in about 50 sheets of blank paper and the tea bag in the middle.
Too bad we already did our taxes...although I could just mail in a tea bag and blank paper....

Old 03-20-2009, 04:26 PM   #9
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaLuvHerps View Post
Don't forget to add in a TON of blank paper. Wrap your tax forms in about 50 sheets of blank paper and the tea bag in the middle.
Too bad we already did our taxes...although I could just mail in a tea bag and blank paper....
Uh, the government does not pay for the postage. The sender does.... And quite honestly, my tax forms probably ARE pretty close to 50 sheets anyway. Plus I have to pay for the privilege of filling them all out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!