Scaleless Rat Snake from show - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-09-2016, 04:36 PM   #1
phoenix-cry
Scaleless Rat Snake from show

I went to a reptile show today with the mindset that if I found something unusual that I wanted as a pet (not a breeding project I have enough of those) that I would pick one up. Well I just fell in love with this tiny baby scaleless rat snake. I've always wanted one. Such a cute worm! The color on this guy is fascinating to me. I love that he has a few scales on his head, he also has all his belly scales and a line of tiny scales down his back.

His name is Wrenfield.

Old 10-09-2016, 06:00 PM   #2
Helenthereef
That is SUCH a great name for him. Amazing colours on his head.

Old 10-09-2016, 06:01 PM   #3
phoenix-cry
Thank you! I love that he has some scales particularly the ones on his head. Not sure if his head is truly this color or if you can just see through the skin.

Old 10-09-2016, 06:18 PM   #4
Helenthereef
Amazing colours... in.. his... brain....?

Old 10-09-2016, 06:19 PM   #5
phoenix-cry
Maybe! Heehee

Old 10-09-2016, 06:39 PM   #6
snowgyre
I bought my first scaleless Texas rat snake last year and I agree, they are really fun critters! I now have a male and female pair, and although I primarily have them for public education, I do hope that they'll breed in the future. Great little snake you've got there!

Old 10-09-2016, 06:54 PM   #7
Helenthereef
I've never seen one of these in person, and I'm curious what they feel like?
And do you have to be extra careful when handling?

Old 10-09-2016, 07:32 PM   #8
phoenix-cry
Thanks all! I'm very excited!

Their skin is almost as tough as scales and you really don't have to be any more careful with them (full grown specimens have been collected out of the wild). They are super soft...but they...uh...okay I'm just going to say it: they sort of feel like a penis. In fact the guy who sold him to me made this hilarious face when he picked it up to hand it to me to hold and he said he doesn't like touching them for that reason.

Old 10-09-2016, 07:42 PM   #9
Helenthereef
Think you may have just found a unique selling point! Brilliant.

Old 10-09-2016, 07:44 PM   #10
phoenix-cry
Heehee. They are a bit unsettling to hold.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!