T+ amel Bairds Rat Snakes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-11-2015, 08:05 PM   #1
Michael Hicks
T+ amel Bairds Rat Snakes

Can anyone fill me in on this morph? Where the first one came from, who first bred them, etc? They look pure, but I'd like to trace them back before getting into them

Old 04-16-2015, 05:19 PM   #2
Giladerm
Supposedly originated from Hwy. 277 stock bred in Europe. I first saw an image in the Elaphe Monograph that came out in '97.

Old 04-16-2015, 06:24 PM   #3
Michael Hicks
Thanks! Do you know who imported them?

Old 07-22-2016, 08:37 AM   #4
TONY D
I'm digging into this as well. My two cents however is that the T+ albino name is completely off. These snakes don't look like any form of albino. I just hatched my first clutch and they look less albino than my old line of normals. As adults however they look like the best lighter phased Bairds you can imagine.

Old 07-22-2016, 03:50 PM   #5
Dro B
I'm skeptical of anything new that comes from europe as it can be reverse engineered from another species. Without a dna test it too risky these days imo. Kind of like the scaless corns. Emory's may be extremely close but a hybrids a hybrid. People are reverse engineering albino angolans from balls and red tail people are skeptical of anything new even if it is coming from a country of origin.

Old 11-24-2016, 10:40 AM   #6
Bobstranzenbach
Hypo Bairds

Quote:
Originally Posted by TONY D View Post
I'm digging into this as well. My two cents however is that the T+ albino name is completely off. These snakes don't look like any form of albino. I just hatched my first clutch and they look less albino than my old line of normals. As adults however they look like the best lighter phased Bairds you can imagine.
Hi Tony,

I have 1.1 coming next week from Ken Foose. They look interesting. I was unsuccessful finding some that looked like your old ones,though I did just get a couple hatchlings of some that's parents were nice silver without too much of the bright overwash that's common/popular now. I miss the ones I had years ago that looked like a silver version of a Yellow rat with strong black lines where you only saw the beautiful colors subtly peeking through when you handled them.

They look interesting and I missed the docile nature of my old Bairds. I only know from Google image searches but I see your point that they appear to look more hypo than a typical Amel. animal. Interesting none the less.
Bob

Old 11-24-2016, 11:11 AM   #7
TONY D
I have a cb2016 pair of animals from Boy Scout Road in Jeff Davis County. Animals from the north western canyons of the county are fairly distinct. Really looking forward to seeing these guys grow up.

As far as the hypos being a corrupt European lineage, I don't get it. There isn't another morph out there that is analogous. I would love to have specific lineage info and of course any generic may be suspect but there is nothing about these that says anything but bairds.

Old 11-24-2016, 06:29 PM   #8
Bobstranzenbach
Feel free to post pics as they grow. I'm always suspicious of things but I think they look like plain old Bairds too.
This is an example of the more old school classic type Bairds I've been looking for. A google image pic, not mine

Old 11-28-2016, 07:44 AM   #9
TONY D
Here is a pick of one of the BS Road animals as a juvenile (~4 months).
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!