Lost Corn Snake - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-19-2006, 01:16 AM   #1
Scottk
Question Lost Corn Snake

My Son's Corn Snake escaped about 8 months ago. We looked everywhere, however we did not find it. Last we my daughter saw it in the gas fireplace. Before we could get the fireplace door open in vanished into a vent and is gone again. It has grown significantly, what is it eating, and where is it getting water. More importantly, how can we catch it? A mouse for bait?

Thanks.

Old 06-19-2006, 01:23 PM   #2
cowboyman13
A couple of tricks i have heard is flour around the perimeter of the room in hopes of the snake going thru it and leaving a track to its location. I have all so heard that if you take a 2 liter bottle cut the top off. turn it around so that it is top facing in and tape that together putting a mouse inside. The top working as a funnel will allow the snake in for its meal but the snake is not suppose to be able to find its way out.

I have never tried either but those are tips i have heard of. The all so make commerical snake traps or snake traps made for around the home you can purchase online. Just do a google and you can find some.

Old 06-19-2006, 01:51 PM   #3
akaangela
If it is cold at night where you live turn down the heat. Put a heating pad on med and a box with a small cut out on the side and place it in a dark corner someplace close to where he excaped or try a few. Dont disturb it and put some water in it also leave it for a day or two then check it. You might be surprised. Good luck

Old 07-06-2006, 01:53 AM   #4
Scottk
We found the snake! My daughter pointed out that it is a milk snake not a corn snake. In any event, it was lost for ten months and seems to be fine. It is a bit thin and we fed it two mice. Ten months inside a house with no food or water that I am aware of. We have never seen any mice or mice droppings in our house, I have no idea what it ate, maybe bugs?

Thanks for your suggestions, we were about to make some traps when we found the snake in the kitchen. It has grown at least a foot!

Old 07-07-2006, 02:20 AM   #5
Sybella
To find him again alive and healthy after 10 months, you are incredibly lucky! Congratulations.

'Bella

Old 07-07-2006, 03:55 AM   #6
ladyserpent7
yah definitely..congratulations....so it must have eaten something cuz it grew a whole foot....maybe you should check around the house for her shed skin...you might find a couple

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!