My Strange Cali King - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-30-2011, 08:09 PM   #11
RossCA
That sounds great! Good luck and please keep me up to date on this. I'd like to see if any of the babies come out the same.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:57 PM   #12
WingedSweetheart
Fed my little guy today. He's not so little anymore. Anyway, I thought I'd share!

Old 08-02-2011, 05:03 PM   #13
RossCA
Cool shot's, Ashley. I'm just wondering, what kind of belly pattern does he have?

Old 08-02-2011, 11:19 PM   #14
WingedSweetheart
His belly is solid yellow.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:32 AM   #15
RossCA
OK, cool.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:32 PM   #16
WingedSweetheart
I have to put a cash value on him. How much do you think he is worth? I really have no idea. I paid $60 for him at the pet shop. They charge the same price no matter what morph or type of snake. I've seen normal corn snakes and lavenders all same price. Even pythons and boas. It doesn't matter they are all $60.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:51 PM   #17
RossCA
He is worth at least $100-$150 but even more to the right person. This morph is not common.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:06 PM   #18
WingedSweetheart
Just a little update. I sent Jormungandr out to WI on Oct. 4th. He arrived safe and sound on the 5th. I was really worried about shipping him. It was my first time and he isn't just a neat snake to me. He's part of my family. A pet. So I worried about him the whole time! The female he will be with is a dot/dash desert phase. So, I don't think that the first generation is going to produce anything neat. But since the female had a sister that looked like my male then maybe it could be a het? The look-a-like clutch mate sadly died. So this female is the next best thing.

When I get my Jormungandr bad next May or June he may have another breeding loan in OH. There is a woman there that I know from cornsnakes.com. She's been looking for a male to breed her king to. She hinted at it when I showed him off last year. This year she made an add on here looking for a male and I contacted her. Her snake looks almost exactly like mine. It even has a black belly! That female from WI that died also had a black belly. This make me think maybe it's more common in females? Anyway I'm excited if she still wants to do a breeding loan next spring. I think they would have the best chance to see if this is a morph or just and individual trait.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:10 PM   #19
WingedSweetheart
Just a though but wouldn't it be cool to if there were an albino or lavender version like these guys. I think that would be so cool. Just a dream for now. But still think it would be cool.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:06 AM   #20
RossCA
No, it shouldn't be het because these are not recessive traits. I'm not sure if the dark belly is linked to females. Its possible. I think there will be some interesting aberrants produced with the Dot Dash king. I seen that other one like yours on the classifieds here and wow its almost a twin. I bet they produce some babies without a stripe like yours. That pattern would look really cool in Lavender or even hypo.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!