Bad Guy jungle bob - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-15-2010, 04:25 PM   #11
rryan58
I've been to Jungle Bob's store numerous times. ( usually 2x a month, sometimes to buy, other times too look ). I have never seen a dead animal. In fact, he mainly uses 10 gal tanks w/ 1-2 animals in each. The animals he has on display are in good condition. I should state that the Jungle Bob in question is located in Centereach, Long Island, NY.
As to his feeding policy, I have to say, I don't know, so I can't comment. As to trying to sell $250. worth of lighting for reptiles...I have a little difficulty in believing that. That is one heck of a lot of equipt The reason I say this is because at one time, I was involved in one of the largest pet stores on Long Island where 1/3 of animals were reptiles/amphibs. We had a larger selection of regular & exotic reptiles than many of the specialty reptile stores of today. I know what I'm talking about.
Finally, Long Island is blessed to have not 1, but 2, reptile retail stores. Both are within 30 mins of each other. Any mathematicians in the house to do the math?

Old 05-15-2010, 06:06 PM   #12
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by rryan58 View Post
Finally, Long Island is blessed to have not 1, but 2, reptile retail stores. Both are within 30 mins of each other. Any mathematicians in the house to do the math?

Ive been to NYC before... so 30mins appart is prolly on 10-15 block

Old 05-15-2010, 06:08 PM   #13
dturner100
lol, I'm definitely a mathematician, and my internal calculator is still flashing insufficient data.

Now at least we have two sides of the "hear say". Still a waist of cyberspace until somebody has something useful to post toward either case.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:43 AM   #14
Amelanistic Orca
Photographs would be your proof!!! Even with a decent cell phone!

Old 05-16-2010, 11:59 AM   #15
crotalusadamanteus
I'm getting the feeling it runs a bit deeper then initially represented.

Old 05-16-2010, 01:13 PM   #16
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
I'm getting the feeling it runs a bit deeper then initially represented.

Old 05-16-2010, 01:51 PM   #17
junglebob
jungle bob

Hey Chris Link of CL reptiles!!

Did you drink some Kool aide recently?

As a long term customer, ex employee and supposed friend, we have treated you with nothing but respect on the many many visits to our shop.

the allegations of having a dirty store with dead animals is ridiculous but I MUST CONFESS ....one day after a two hour visit to the store and buying nothing....again.......Chris found a dead house gecko in one of our 90 + cages and pointed it out to us.
What a guy!
What a naturalist! He recognized right away it was DEAD and told EVERYONE in the store he accomplished such a deed and now he has told the world!!!

docking employees (my two sons work here genius, figure it out),

shell cancer (got me on that one....)

overselling ? are you for real you cheap, self righteous prick?!!

and when people who know me read what you have written......it will be YOU who will be roasted, not me.

CL reptiles is Chris Link of New York everyone. Apologies to the Jungle Bob I know of who lives in Ohio, this has nothing to do with him...

Chris, Why do you claim to have a reputation and a business?
Do you pay sales tax when you share tables in White Plains? That is all I ever see you do in this trade, share tables at WHite Plains NY. Guess in your mind that makes you are a real TITAN in the industry! Post up your NY state tax ID and let's have the sales tax bureau check you out.

I thought you were a full time boat captain anyway? or is that BS too? If it is maybe you have been out to sea too long?

Thanks for divulging that we recently acquired the assets of REPTILE GURU , so yes we are advertising www.reptileguru.com at the shows. Shame on us again! Now we are aligning ourselves with OURSELVES!!!

(To anyone who is enduring these posts, sorry, feel free to use coupon code "MAY" and take 10% off your next purchase before May 31 at www.reptileguru.com.)

As for the gal who does my marketing investigating another pet store...she certainly did ! She is a 1099 contractor ( look it up in the dictionary) and does what she wants. SO what? No crime was committed. I have other pet store owners in my shop all the time and they are welcome.

You no longer are.

For the record, I spoke to Doug the owner of the store in question shortly after she visited and you saw her. Doug and I are 100% cool about it. Apparently it bristled some hairs on your back, but who cares. You have now positioned yourself as a bottom feeder who has nothing better to do than to sit back and take pot shots at people who are successful. I have paid more in TAXES than you will ever make in your life. So where do you get off randomly smearing me? You have issues dude, issues that I never realized. I hope you get some help.

Oh by the way .... the Namib Gecko that you came in and drooled over for six months..someone SHOPLIFTED IT. Any ideas?

Chris Link you are NOTHING in the reptile business and any REPUTATION you have is only in your head. Your post is childish and immature. If you continue this I will have no recourse but to protect myself legally from your slander.

Don't push your luck Captain.

Jungle Bob
owner of
Jungle Bob's Reptile World
2503 Middle Country Road
Centereach, NY 11720

Old 05-16-2010, 02:47 PM   #18
dturner100
Exactly what I expected. Like I said an ex-employee, or disgruntle would be customer who couldn't afford an animal.

Old 05-16-2010, 03:24 PM   #19
dturner100
Jungle Bob, we really get a 10% discount for reading and participating in this thread? Good guy in my book so far!

Old 05-16-2010, 03:35 PM   #20
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglebob View Post
As a long term customer, ex employee and supposed friend, we have treated you with nothing but respect on the many many visits to our shop.
Plot thickens. To the OP... care to explain this?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
jungle