White Plains Show - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-20-2004, 12:32 PM   #1
USAGECKOS
White Plains Show

Ok Steve, here is my report (HA, HA, HA!)

The show was a lot of fun, it was a good experience. There were a lot of people there.

Kirks Herps was there, they are really GREAT people!!! Kirks' girlfriend (I forget her name, sorry) is such a nice person, she took me under her wing and helped me out, she also bought 2 of my LV Patternless Albino babies (Thanks again!).

I hung out with Rob and Stephanie from The Hypo Gecko, also great people, hope your finger is better Stephanie! I would love to buy one of those racks you made, if you ever want to make one and sell it let me know.

A & M Geckos was their, they truly do have incredible geckos, I talked with Alberto for a little bit, he is a nice guy, I wanted to get a pair of his Giants, but unfortunately I was too late, he sold out of females before I got to his table.

I think from now on I will stick to the Reptile Shows in my area, I will probably get a table at the Manchester, NH and the Rhode Island shows. It was too far of a ride to get to the N.Y. show, 3.5 hour drive to get there and then 4.5 hours to get home.

Here is a picture of my table at the show:

And I brought my turtle who stole the show, everybody loved him and his set up. Here is a picture of his set up, the turtle is in the red tupperware at the top of the screen:

Old 07-20-2004, 12:50 PM   #2
TheHypoGecko
I had a lot of fun at the show too! All of the fellow breeders were so nice. Sorry to dissapoint you Jeanne, but I sold that little male fat tail that you liked. You were right about selling it online though, I went home and listed it for sale and it sold the next day. I'll have more available in the future though, so if you need a male, contact me and maybe we can do some trading. I think I might sell again at the April show and hopefully by July I will have some red stripes to offer.

Old 07-20-2004, 12:53 PM   #3
USAGECKOS
Male Fat Tail

That male was nice, definately let me know when you have more males, what are your fat tails bloodline?

Old 07-20-2004, 12:56 PM   #4
TheHypoGecko
The two that produced the fat tails I had at the show were both produced by Ty Young at Fantasy Fat Tails. I think he told me that his stock originated from Leshock though. I also have two females that I will be breeding that came from Rob Jenkins.

Old 07-20-2004, 12:58 PM   #5
TheHypoGecko
Here's a pic of that male's clutchmate and two other females. I think it's pretty easy to spot who the clutchmate is, lol. The male is only 3 months old and the two females are about 1.5 months old

Old 07-20-2004, 01:13 PM   #6
USAGECKOS
Nice

That's a nice Fat Tail. I need a nice orange one like that to add to my collection.

Old 07-20-2004, 01:48 PM   #7
tabitha
Fat Tails

Rob just wanted to let you know that the lashock line and the young line are the same about 5 years ago. Ty young sold a boat load of fatties to Mark. You can really tell the differance in ty's line they produce very orange almost red Fatties. But with the fat tails for some reason they do not breed true you will still get some babies that are light in color and some that have a dark orange. I will have to have Kirk post pics of our babies. He will also post pics of all the new geckos we bought at the show.
It was really nice meeting everyone and as always the show was fun.

Old 07-20-2004, 02:22 PM   #8
TheHypoGecko
Here's some pics of those two males when they hatched out

Old 07-20-2004, 03:03 PM   #9
Manhattan Herps
i knew it!

I knew i pasted by your table..i recognice the turtles and the "table cloth",,didnt know it was you though..would've stopped by and said hi, i taked with alberto and baught 2 beauties from him, i also talked to kirk and his wife about a big male ball python i had just baught..i didnt realize i passed by Roberts table until my sister handed me his card...rob..if you remember..i had a navy blue super bowl cap on..lol..i love this show...cant wait for the sept 12 show will you abe there ?

Old 07-20-2004, 07:19 PM   #10
Kirks Herps
white plains

i just wanted to say that it was to see everybody at the show. jeanne from usa geckos and rob from the hypo gecko had some really nice stuff. i dont know to post multiple pics in one post so im going to post many replies. this pic is of the lv patternless albinos from jeanne
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 000_0004 (small).jpg (31.0 KB, 84 views)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!