Can anyone help me? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 08-04-2004, 11:31 AM   #1
6chickenlane
Question Can anyone help me?

i have a frog but i dont know what kind he is.hes green on top and his underside is white with black spots.his legs are green with black spots.right now his head and body put together would be about the size of an 11 year old's fist.he has webbed feet and spends most of his time underwater.when he eats he attacks the crickets and bites them.he doesnt shoot out his tongue like some other frogs do.if somebody can tell me please send me an email. :deer:

Old 08-04-2004, 11:50 AM   #2
Seamus Haley
I was going to hunt down an eleven year old, cut their hand off and then measure it at home but I realized that not every eleven year old would have the same size fist and, of course, not every frog any given size has stopped growing...

The description isn't really enough to make a worthwhile guess... people could name frogs that fit that description all day and might still not identify your species. If you have a camera and can post a photo of it, I have little doubt that it could be identified quickly and easily... if you don't, then I'd suggest loading up amphibiaweb http://www.amphibiaweb.org/ and just browsing photos for a few hours.

Old 10-01-2004, 01:28 AM   #3
bullcowman
If I had to guess...

I'd say it was a green frog, Rana Clamitans. Itsa pretty common aquatic frog in the east. i think a 11yr old's fist is like 3-1/2"-could be wrong tho.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!