Feedback wanted from the members on a livestock section. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:23 AM   #1
Dennis Hultman
Feedback wanted from the members on a livestock section.

Would you use it? Would it be a good fit for the site?

The last thing I would want to do is ask to have unused forums added back into the site after Rich spent much time cleaning up unused sections here some time back.

I know several people here that also sell livestock/ farm animals so wanted to get some feedback as to how many people would use a discussion and classified section on Fauna.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:30 AM   #2
JudyC
I can't keep any livestock myself...but would be interested in learning more about certain animals when we finally retire and settle on some land. And I love browsing other people's pictures and discussions. I wouldn't be much of a contributor to a section like that, but I'd read it.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:03 PM   #3
timebider
I'd potentially love it. What kind of livestock are we talking? Farm critters, or pets?

I'm a horse person and I also enjoy reading and learning about other farm ani-mules. I love and have dogs and cats too, but I wouldn't participate in anything related to breeding them.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:24 PM   #4
Jadenkisses
I wouldn't utilize it myself at this time, but you never know what the future holds!
However, I think it would be a good idea and I'd definatly check it out. Personally, I think the more, the merrier! (well, most of the time, anyway!)

Old 11-18-2010, 11:47 PM   #5
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by timebider View Post
I'd potentially love it. What kind of livestock are we talking? Farm critters, or pets?
Livestock typically wouldn't be considered pets but for many people they can and are. I consider some livestock in my possession pets as well.

I was thinking along the lines of all farm animals (including horses) and the typical definition of livestock.

Unfortunately, if there isn't a lot more interest I wouldn't expect to see it added as a topic.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:56 PM   #6
StrictlyExotics
I live in a "livestock" state where the population of cows is undoubtedly larger than the population of humans. You can find livestock here at flea markets so I can potentionally see an upside to having a section devoted to livestock.

Crazy to see people selling chickens for more than snakes at times too.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:33 PM   #7
72LT1
I would not use a livestock section. Has there ever been thought to adding a section for arachnids?

Old 11-22-2010, 11:41 PM   #8
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Has there ever been thought to adding a section for arachnids?
Well OK, you got it

Classifieds

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...splay.php?f=36

We even have a BOI for arachnids.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...play.php?f=617

Discussion group

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...splay.php?f=39

We aim to please.

And a photo gallery just for insects and arachnids.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/phot...ry.php/cat/507

Old 11-23-2010, 12:39 AM   #9
72LT1
OK, now I"m feeling really stupid

Old 11-23-2010, 08:59 PM   #10
LauraB
I personally own no livestock, unless you count my teenaged son - he eats like a horse!

I'd certainly check out a livestock forum, classifieds, whatever, though!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!