my caiman - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Crocodilian Discussion Forum

Notices

Crocodilian Discussion Forum This section is for discussions pertaining to any and all topics concerning crocodilians.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:41 PM   #11
Helenthereef
He's a beautiful animal, nice to see the pictures at different ages so we can see the speed he grows!

Old 07-05-2011, 10:14 PM   #12
BobOblak
"my cayman terribly afraid to people, I do not know why, do not want to eat with me, eats just as no one, is constantly hiding, is quiet, "

Mr. Sadan: I have had several caiman in my life and none of them tolerated handling or being approached. I have trained my P. trigonatus to be less shy by using a dog clicker when I feed him. He learned to respond to it, and now comes out of hiding if I sound it, because he expects a food reward. His approach can be "vigorous" to say the least and precautions must be taken to avoid being bitten. This has made him less shy because he now associates my presence with a food reward, whether I sound the clicker or not, and he will come to the front of his enclosure if I am near it. I am suggesting this as a way to positively reinforce your presence to your caiman, but as i said, be careful and respect their speed and power.

Old 08-08-2011, 12:03 PM   #13
marku1999
While caiman are shy they can be trained to interact with people.
I had one that I handled daily, very tame (but I spent an immense amount of time with her).
The rest learned the feeding and cleaning routine well enough to move to the other end of the cage so I could clean without coming in contact with them. They do respond to an action at feeding time (I like the dog clicker idea - outstanding), mine would come beg for food when opening the cage door.

Keep up the good work, beautiful animal!

Old 08-12-2011, 06:22 PM   #14
Beardiefreak26
Wow I didn't know that a caiman could survive very well in Poland. Also my family is from Poland, all I can say is that I love the food.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!