Legalities for purchasing Alligators in PA, and OH - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Crocodilian Discussion Forum

Notices

Crocodilian Discussion Forum This section is for discussions pertaining to any and all topics concerning crocodilians.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:38 AM   #11
hhmoore
Which part - I checked into the matter several years ago. I know I don't have links and emails saved here (on my computer), but I may have posted the information someplace.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:40 AM   #12
hhmoore
Reliable source? You mean like USFW and the United States Endangered Species List?

Old 12-04-2009, 10:59 AM   #13
ApexJake
i ask because i know of the CITES and have seen they are no long endangered obviously but ARE threatened, but only due to similarity in appearance to the american crocodile. Which still account for some legal issues esp. federal.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:10 AM   #14
ApexJake
I cant find this USES list? And i mean where is it written are hard proof that you do or do not need certain federal permits for ownership, exhibition, sell or resale, and transportation across state line (facts are the only thing people care about when its a problem). Specifically for american alligator.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:54 AM   #15
hhmoore
USES = United States Endangered Species (list)

I'll try to see if can locate the info easily, but I'm not going to make new inquiries. Definitely won't be until later in the weekend.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:56 AM   #16
hhmoore
btw - It isn't generally written anywhere that you don't need paperwork, licenses, etc for something...only that you do.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:08 PM   #17
ApexJake
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
btw - It isn't generally written anywhere that you don't need paperwork, licenses, etc for something...only that you do.
Your right, but then if not id like something on the contrary that shows it can be done without those. Or proof that they dont have involvement in it to safeguard myself.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:10 PM   #18
hhmoore
Why not go right to the source, if that's the case? Contact USF&W, get a statement, and keep it on file.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:40 PM   #19
ApexJake
tried... i have several phone numbers to national, regional, and local levels. There was a lot of call dumping before i reached the decision to ask for the investigation and enforcement department. If they I contacted region 5 (NY,PA) and 3 (OH). I got only answering machine to region 3, and talked to a wildlife inspector goldmann in my region.. thats a different story but he is supposed to get back to me, but still hasnt.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:42 PM   #20
ApexJake
I figured they would be the ones giving anyone the problem so theyd want to know the laws they are enforcing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!