Amel AFT... How long for colors to shine ? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-16-2005, 08:42 PM   #1
OliGM
Amel AFT... How long for colors to shine ?

Hi guys,

I hatched two amelanistic fattail geckos from a super nice orange male and a striped peach female, both amelanistic as well, but I was wondering if the babies need sometime to get some orange. I'm just hoping some of the babies I'll hatch this year will be at least half as beautiful as the daddy is.... I'm glad at least they came out being striped

Thanks for reading,
Oli

Old 05-16-2005, 08:59 PM   #2
SFgeckos
u can usually pick out the "screamers" around 3 months, but some need more time to develop...the ones in my pics (3 tangerine striped in my hand) are my best ones (1 month old right now) out of a dozen or so, most of mine are yellow/peach-orangish...parental lineage/body coloration definately is a factor

-jon

Old 05-16-2005, 09:15 PM   #3
OliGM
Thanks for quickly answering that one Jon !

You were speaking about 3 fattails geckos on your picture, but I can't figure out what picture you're talking about....... if you can link it here and let me know how old they were on that picture, that could give me a help figuring out how quick they get colors.

On another note, since the babies I hatched yet are all striped, I'm guessing the male is at least het for stripe while the female is homozygous for that gene.... am I right ? Stripe gene is recessive ?

Thanks for your time!
Oli

ps. I'll try to post pictures of the babies soon....

Old 05-16-2005, 09:42 PM   #4
MatthewK
Jon is talking about the pictures in this recent thread:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=68665

And yes, stripe in AFTs is simple recessive, if your female is homo. stripe and you produced all stripe babies the male has to be some percentage het. stripe.

Congrats on the hatchlings, hope to see pics soon!

Old 05-16-2005, 10:05 PM   #5
OliGM
Here's a pic of the last baby I hatched and a pic of the daddy....

ø|i

Old 05-17-2005, 06:43 AM   #6
MatthewK
Oh yea! That male has killer colors, keeps us updated !

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!