New Herpstat Models Coming - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 05-11-2006, 08:07 PM   #1
Scott Ashton
New Herpstat Models Coming

I had the opportunity to exchange emails today with Dion Brewington, owner of Spyder Robotics - manufacturer of the Herpstat line of thermostats.

Specifically, I had contacted Dion to find out the scoop on the Herpstat Pro, a 4 zone model that Spyder has been working on for a while, but put on hold to release the Herpstat 2. The good news is that it looks like the Herpstat Pro should be available come mid-August (okay wipe the drool from your chins).

Just when I thought the news from Spyder Robotics couldn't get any better, Dion tells me that he has an updated unit which will replace the original Herpstat. The Herpstat ND (Night Drop) will feature the same functionality of its big brother the Herpstat 2, including a built-in clock and resettable fuses. The unit requires no additional cables or external timers to facilitate the Night Drop feature, everything you need (except of course Flexwatt) is in the box.

If that weren't enough, the Herpstat ND will have a higher wattage rating than Spyder's original Herpstat and will be - now hold on to your hats......priced comparable to the original!!! Look for the Herpstat ND to be available in the next 45 days.

Dion sent me some photos of the new unit to share with my fellow Fauna members.
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2006, 08:15 PM   #2
shrap
This is a complete replacement for the original? Bummer... I better go buy up a bunch of the originals now then.

Old 05-11-2006, 08:20 PM   #3
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
This is a complete replacement for the original? Bummer... I better go buy up a bunch of the originals now then.
Sammy -

That's my understanding.

Old 05-11-2006, 08:21 PM   #4
jglass38
Lookin good Scott! I wonder who will be selling it. I guess you can always get it direct from Dion. I wonder if Rich at Reptile Basics will be selling it. Thanks for the heads up!

Old 05-11-2006, 08:44 PM   #5
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglass38
Lookin good Scott! I wonder who will be selling it. I guess you can always get it direct from Dion. I wonder if Rich at Reptile Basics will be selling it. Thanks for the heads up!

Jamie -

Here are Spyder's current re-sellers.

http://spyderrobotics.com/order/resellers.html

I don't think GLK carries the Herpstat 2, so I'm not sure if they'll pick-up the Herpstat Pro.

Old 05-11-2006, 08:53 PM   #6
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Ashton
the Herpstat ND will have a higher wattage rating than Spyder's original Herpstat
Scott, did he say what the new wattage will be?

Old 05-11-2006, 08:55 PM   #7
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy
Scott, did he say what the new wattage will be?
He didn't - but I can find out.

I'll edit the post when I find out.

Old 05-11-2006, 10:07 PM   #8
Greg Riso
Sounds Awesome!

That's exactly what I need. I was waiting for something capable of being programmed for a night drop plus lighting, etc. I hope the capacity will be 1500 watts though because I have an oil filled radiator hooked up to a Helix right now. The power source to the unit gets so hot I have it sitting on a ceramic ash tray to insulate it from everything.
Thanks for the good news. I'm definitely going to pick at least one of those puppys up.

Old 05-12-2006, 08:29 AM   #9
twh49801
The Bean Farm

i just ordered two herp stat II's from the bean farm,$410 to my door (price match),and they are without a doubt the most pleasant folks to work with that i've ever run across.
now a unit with four probes,hmmmmmmmm i wonder if they could make the probes wireless ???

TIMOTHY W. HURKMANS

Old 05-12-2006, 09:34 AM   #10
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Originally Posted by twh49801
i just ordered two herp stat II's from the bean farm,$410 to my door (price match),and they are without a doubt the most pleasant folks to work with that i've ever run across.
now a unit with four probes,hmmmmmmmm i wonder if they could make the probes wireless ???

TIMOTHY W. HURKMANS
Tim:

Whose price did they match? I need to pick up a couple.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!