how big of a tank for a valid - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-19-2005, 11:00 PM   #11
andrewrks123
dude thanks soo much for your help but i have one more ? u no the cage i showed u. http://www.reptilesupply.com/produc...products_id=305

can that be big enoph for the rest of the chams life?

Old 05-19-2005, 11:15 PM   #12
whitey4311
Link doesnt work. Well I suppose if you are going to go this route I would buy a bigger one for a few bucks more and make sure you have one that you can stretch out for his life. Its cheaper to go one size or tow sizes up now then to bu another later. One other thing though, check around and see what people say about UV light going through the mesh. I have a feeling that it will block the light and UV needed for the cham. I had one of these cages and they are pretty crappy man. The mesh will rip and like I said crickets will eat it. What I hate about them the most is that you cant see in them that well. When they are all closed up it looks like it is dark in there and its hard to see them.
You still have to buy a ficus tree too. If you want to save money do it the way I showed you with out a cage. Repot a ficus tree for the same price as that cage and you will have a nice big area for him to crawl around. IF you are trippin on 30 bucks for the cage you have to consider a UV light is about 30 bucks, plus 30-40 bucks for the fixture, the heat light is cheao and can be any type of halogen flood style light from home depot but the fixture is about 12 bucks, supps are about 25 bucks, tree that is small is 12-15 bucks, dripper is 10 bucks. Then if you want some vines and stuff you have some more costs to add in.

Old 05-19-2005, 11:24 PM   #13
andrewrks123
thanks dude but the mesh cage is the only one i can get so which one would u get

heres all the ones i can get my dad said

http://www.reptilesupply.com/index.php?cPath=32

Old 05-19-2005, 11:50 PM   #14
whitey4311
Go for the ESU one, at least it is screen and it is actually bigger. Good luck dude and have some fun with your new pet. You need more than the cage so email me and I will give you the care sheet. Ask away buddy and I'll answer what you you need to know.

Old 05-20-2005, 12:01 AM   #15
andrewrks123
ok on the esu one its only 1 foot deep what does that mean?

Old 05-20-2005, 12:14 AM   #16
andrewrks123
hey but its only 20 inches high and 18 inches wide and 1 footdeep r u sure its big enogh? im not tryign to question what u said but i just want to make sure

Old 05-20-2005, 01:19 AM   #17
whitey4311
Correct it is the tallest one there. You need it taller than you do longer. Maybe you can turn that 22 gallon long one upright and have it be longer. Beg your dad and ask if he will match your money for a good cage. I really think that buying one of these will result in you spending more money later for another one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...PcY_BIN_Stores

That is what you want as an adult. That acege is 125 everywhere else on the net that I have seen.
What about the cageless idea that I showed you. A full grown ficus at a nursery is 35 bucks. You can put him in your room by the window and he will love it. Be sure to shut blinds at night because they can see reflections that stress them.
DO you have cats?

Old 05-20-2005, 01:26 AM   #18
whitey4311
Ok here you go man I got it. Same price range but very large and will work for its life, hope the cage lasts that long. People say that their nails get stuck in the mesh and cause problems but just be forewarned on this. If you can get your dad to front money for the screen cage go for it. Looks like you will have some choirs to get started on buddy get to bed and get ready for some parent kissing up, lol.
Have you seen the pics of my cage. Look under my posts I think you will enjoy the pics.It was more fun building the cage than anything. All designed with me and a friend and made in a garage over 2 months time. Working full time and doing that cage was hell. Sure is cool to have people come over and just look at all the detail it has in it though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

both good prices even with shipping.

Old 05-20-2005, 08:25 AM   #19
andrewrks123
thansk soo much bro and no i dotn have any cats but even if i gt that tree and put it in my room i still need a cage haha

Old 05-20-2005, 01:59 PM   #20
Matthias
really, the cage is the least of your worries. or, if not least, only one of a few major ones. i don't know if you've done any reading on keeping chameleons, but you're going to have to buy a UV light and fixture (at least $40 together, minimum); make or buy some way to get water to drip and mist into the cage; some live plant for him to crawl around on; special soil so he doesn't eat the dirt and get sick; insects and vitamins for him to eat.

basically, if you are having problems affording different cages, are you sure you're going to be able to afford everything else you're going to need so he doesn't die?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!