Another disillisioned past contributor - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-06-2006, 11:07 PM   #141
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Well……..Damn. (we have decided I can say that right? Good) Damn……

I started this thread, and I feel I should say something……but I’ll be damned if I know what I should say. (I can say it more than once right?) Lets see….

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
In case the topic is not clear and cannot be determined any longer, this thread is about someone kicking me in the shins for enforcing my rules in the manner in which I claimed I was intending to do.
Wow. Spot on. That’s exactly what it was, and pretty much what it still is……with a lot of odd rambling and confusion from an emotional psychotic on the short side of an unpleasant unbalance…….. I love that Young Guns movie~ DAMN those boys were HOT!......uuuummmmmm………not the right topic right? Rich’s shins……got it.

I started this thread because I was angry and I don’t think it was fair to be instantly fined and suspended for a minor indiscretion. I also don’t think the e-mail I received notifying me of my fine and suspension was designed to do anything but antagonize me.

But like Rich says~ that’s EXACTLY what he said he was going to do~ I just don’t like it. So I kicked him in the shins.

He kicked back too.

What y’all missed was in Private messages between Rich and I~ and while I am not inclined to share the PMs~ I think maybe if I give the “gist” of it maybe we can all let it go.

Pretty much~ Rich and I (Damn~ EDIT~ changed my mind about what I was going to say here~ if you read it quick you know it wasn't a name~ but it might be closer to the line than I care to be)..................... Neither one of us is inclined to back down, or admit the other may be right. That’s just the way it is. Live with it. I have had a lot of personal and health issue’s lately that have left me occasionally (often) in an “emotional blackhole” (thanks Rich~ that’s a better description that I could have come up with). I took everything Rich had to say as a personal attack~ and he took most of what I had to say as a personal attack on him rather than the attack I intended for it to be on his policy that I do not like (I don’t have to like it, but I do have to live with it if I want to post here).

Let it go. Feedback has been left~ Rich is on notice that some of us do not like the policy in which an instant banning is the result of a name calling. I’m sure his shins hurt……I know mine do. I appreciate the implied support of the many that have tried to make my point~ and I even appreciate those that have respectfully disagreed with me.

If your reading this thread for the first time and you have not left your feedback~ a simple “I like that policy” or “I don’t like that policy” will add more to the integrity of this thread than a long drawn out WHY you don’t like it (don’t you really think we have covered most of the reasons WHY?)

There’s my two cents.
Damn~ I wonder where my copy of Young Guns is…………………..

Old 02-07-2006, 12:25 AM   #142
Chameleon Company
Hope all is well Cheryl. Got me thinking though. Maybe I should have referenced so-and-so as a "damn fool" instead of just a "fool" ? Nah.

Old 02-07-2006, 01:13 AM   #143
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamco
Hope all is well Cheryl. Got me thinking though. Maybe I should have referenced so-and-so as a "damn fool" instead of just a "fool" ? Nah.

The "fool" part would have gotten you in trouble, Jim.....

Old 02-07-2006, 04:33 PM   #144
Griz
It's never easy.....

Rich, I just joined the Hell forum today and let me say, it was quite the eye opener. People who I have had a great deal of respect for are a little bit more tarnished then I had imagined. Given what I have seen take place in an unmoderated forum, I can only say that I am sorry for giving you such a hard time.

While I still feel there are most certainly a lot of inconsistencies with regards to the rules, I now feel that those shortcomings are far outweighed by the benefits of said rules. Maybe I never visited the right threads or saw the behavior that you did. Heck, maybe I was just too naive to realize how completely out of control people can get when left up to their own free wills.

Regardless, unless I am feeling very unruly for the day, I don't plan on harping anymore on the rules of the site.

Griz

Old 02-07-2006, 05:43 PM   #145
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchoven
Rich, I just joined the Hell forum today and let me say, it was quite the eye opener. People who I have had a great deal of respect for are a little bit more tarnished then I had imagined. Given what I have seen take place in an unmoderated forum, I can only say that I am sorry for giving you such a hard time.

While I still feel there are most certainly a lot of inconsistencies with regards to the rules, I now feel that those shortcomings are far outweighed by the benefits of said rules. Maybe I never visited the right threads or saw the behavior that you did. Heck, maybe I was just too naive to realize how completely out of control people can get when left up to their own free wills.

Regardless, unless I am feeling very unruly for the day, I don't plan on harping anymore on the rules of the site.

Griz
A heart felt "thank you!"

Old 02-14-2006, 01:00 PM   #146
ralfsmith
Oh its very interesting. Could you provide me more information ?

johntvery@operamail.com

johntvery@hotmail.com

Old 02-14-2006, 01:42 PM   #147
NiCoLe L RuSSeLL
As a fairly new member who is active on some other sites all I can say is-- these rules are in place for reasons. It's the same reason it's illegal to confront someone in a threatening way in NYC---thats without touching or even speaking---just walking up tot hem in a threatening way---it's illegal they way assault is also illegal. Both can get you locked up. That law sort of stops things from getting to the next step...and the next step is never a good place.
That being said, I think this person's (Cheryl) past should have been examined more closely before handing out a fine and a ban. Was she a known troublemaker? Could it have indeed been ana innocnet mistake? Perhaps a few more warnings or points should be handed out before performing such a harsh punishment. After seeing someone has no respect for the rules (like after more then 2 or 3 times), you can then feel guiltless in your banning and fining. Eventually-- the troublemakers will be gone and the innocent "mistake makers" will get the point.
No harm done.
Just my 2 cents.

Old 02-14-2006, 01:53 PM   #148
Chameleon Company
Nicole,
There is a poll in this forum: "Status Check and Poll on Recent Crackdown". Here's a link:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=74420

It will help to register your opinion in a more measurable way. My sympathies are in the same vein as yours.

Old 02-14-2006, 01:58 PM   #149
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfsmith
Oh its very interesting. Could you provide me more information ?

johntvery@operamail.com

johntvery@hotmail.com

Old 03-09-2006, 11:04 PM   #150
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Hypocrite

Well….I was a noncontributor for just over one day before I cracked open my paypal account and became a contributing member again. That’s not even entirely accurate~ I would have done it sooner but I had to finish a battle of the wills with Rich in private first.

So I’m in a conciliatory mood. I apologize both for the nasty things I said to Rich~ and to those that stood with/or behind me, I apologize for giving up. As angry as I was~ well…..a little time (and another mood swing) gives some perspective and I find that this place is just too important to me to be a non-contributor. As a non-contributor I immediately felt like an outsider looking in. I couldn’t do it.

Besides~ where else am I going to find someone ALMOST as stubborn and mule headed as me willing to go toe to toe with me?

I figured I better get my apologies made in a hurry while I’m in this mood~ who knows~ tomorrow the wind may change direction and I’ll be frothing at the mouth over something new. (can I just apologize now for whatever I’m going to do when the next mood swing hits?)

Now~ if you’ll excuse me I’m going to go desperately fight the urge to call everyone in my cell phone and slobber about how much I LOOOOOOVE them (yes….I’m sober).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!