Karma Queen - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
Focal
Karma Queen

Please, please, pretty please can we get one more available slot of karma per 24 hour period. I BEG OF YOU

On a serious note, two just doesn't get the job done for me. I like to reward those that spearhead the scammer brigade and it's often more than one person that helps. I know, I can wait until the next day, but sometimes there are three or four new bad guy threads by then.

Basically, it's kind of difficult for active and frequent users to show their appreciation as much as I would like.

I believe there was an abuse issue a while back which reduced the amount of karma points given, which I understand completely, but restricting the amount of uses per day restricts the amount of people that could benefit, not just the amount received ... if that makes sense.

Maybe I'm the only Karma Queen here, but it's one of the many great uses of this site that I enjoy. Since the decrease, many GOOD and USEFUL new members aren't awarded the same benefit that many have already indulged in when the amount was really high. I don't really care because I'm already maxed, but there are good new members that deserve more, but there isn't enough to go around.

Thanks.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #2
SamanthaJane13
I definitely agree with Nick on this one!!

We need more Karma uses.

I often have to skip giving karma to a very good post because I've run out.

And I don't use my karma to curry favor among friends...just to reward or smack down a deserving post.

About 98 percent of my karma goes to very intelligent posts with pertinent info.

I only smack down for repeated idiocy. I usually just slap the offensive posters on my Ignore This Loser list.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #3
WebSlave
Well, the reason for the reduced number of available karma grants was because I wanted people to heavily weigh the worthiness of granting their limited kara "attaboys" or "slap downs". The hope is that people will tend to reserve those karma incidents to more of the "attaboys" rather than the "slap downs" because of this restriction.

I do wish the system had been designed such that I could set separate limits on the PLUS and MINUS karma grants, but such is not the case. So I have to do it this way.....

Sorry, but some people are TOO free and easy with the negative karma, and it just tends to get people riled up unnecessarily. This was a compromise between having NO negative karma capability, and having a larger number of them available to use.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #4
mxracer4life
Is it not possible to get maybe 1 or 2 more per day? Please?

How many was in effect before? I never paid attention to how many I could give, I just gave to the ones deserving.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:46 PM   #5
SamanthaJane13
Yeah-right now, we get 2 karmas...and mine were both used last night, or I'd give you one!

Old 01-26-2012, 01:53 PM   #6
WebSlave
That is exactly the reason I limited it to only two (2). I WANT people to really make it count. It has much more value that way.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:58 PM   #7
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
That is exactly the reason I limited it to only two (2). I WANT people to really make it count. It has much more value that way.
I know your the boss and make the final decision, but don't you think the only way to make the 2 karma limit work would be to start everyone over? Just zap it, reset all karma points. I mean, getting karma to some people is half the fun of fauna, including myself, now that there is a 2 a day limit it will take all new people forever to get up there in karma points. Seems kinda unfair.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #8
AbsoluteApril
I sometimes wish we could do 3 or 4 a day too sometimes (I try to remember to go back the next day to get the ones I couldn't but I don't always remember) but it is what it is and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer4life View Post
I know your the boss and make the final decision,
the boss has spoken

Old 01-26-2012, 05:07 PM   #9
WebSlave
Quote:
I know your the boss and make the final decision, but don't you think the only way to make the 2 karma limit work would be to start everyone over? Just zap it, reset all karma points. I mean, getting karma to some people is half the fun of fauna, including myself, now that there is a 2 a day limit it will take all new people forever to get up there in karma points. Seems kinda unfair.
It's been this way for quite a while now. And yes, at one point all of the karma points were reset back to zero. The reason I had to cut back on the numbers was because it was getting out of hand. I have to do this on CornSnakes.com sometime as the numbers have gotten SO big that they don't even mean anything any longer. One of my moderators over there has a karma level of "10,959,838" with a karma power of "109,663".

Old 01-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #10
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post

the boss has spoken
While true dat, I do not remember there ever being a time where there was total silence after that happened.
And as long as one is courteous, I see additional comment as additional participation.

So

Quote:

I agree here, it may be time to level the field again. In my opinion, any good group needs a combination of new people and old people. Let's give the new people a boost up, they will be the leaders some day.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!