DFW Meeting to be held in response to House Bill 1309 regulating reptiles in Texas. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 03-16-2007, 06:59 PM   #1
Intense Herpetoculture
DFW Meeting to be held in response to House Bill 1309 regulating reptiles in Texas.

Please send this to other Texas herper to help get the word out.

I will be holding a meeting in response to House Bill 1309 regulating non-native venomous reptiles and constrictors within Texas. This is a meeting for DFW herpers to attend (or anyone willing to make the drive). The primary focus of the meeting is for area herpers to meet together to discuss the issue at hand and come up with a common direction we as a group can take on this proposal.

The meeting will take place at my house and will start at 6:30 pm and should last for about 1-2 hours. I am located in Northern Fort Worth/Keller area. Please e-mail me at IntenseHerpetoculture@hotmail.com for my address and directions.

I am sure several of us (I know I will) will be attending the meeting in Austin on Tuesday, we can plan a possible car pool at this time as well.

Regards,
Justyn

Old 03-16-2007, 07:12 PM   #2
Intense Herpetoculture
Meeting is on Sunday the 18th!

Old 03-21-2007, 09:55 PM   #3
Keith Northrop
Talking All I Remember was........

Tim Cole and Randal Berry wanted me to come check out the Rattlesnake
that was going to be used in a demonstration....And yes......"its still
alive"...........They said.....Well.....2 days Later I was found by a janitor.......
Is it to later to speak to the Commission??? HaHa
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2007, 12:06 AM   #4
Intense Herpetoculture
HAHAHAHAHA, that's a good one Keith!

Old 04-01-2007, 10:47 PM   #5
jsrocket
AAHHHAAHHAAA Keith, that's your best gag yet (pun intended). Too bad it's buried down here.

Speaking of that, I just saw the video of Tim Cole speaking at that meeting, on KS. Go get em, Tim. Now that he's a star on KS, he'll probably be too cool to hang out here anymore.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:52 PM   #6
jsrocket
Whoops, the vid I saw was Tim addressing an official panel of some sort, not the meeting at Justyn's house.

Old 04-15-2007, 02:47 PM   #7
Keith Northrop
Talking It's dark in the Commission..........

The lights were to low......The guy standing next to me smelled like a "Old Dirty Mop".....and It sounded like they were in a different room than me.....I waited for days to speak......I think Tim was Filabusting.......Hell... I could barely hear him.....I'm starting to think I got Hornswaggled......

Old 04-20-2007, 09:08 AM   #8
Tim Cole
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrocket
AAHHHAAHHAAA Keith, that's your best gag yet (pun intended). Too bad it's buried down here.

Speaking of that, I just saw the video of Tim Cole speaking at that meeting, on KS. Go get em, Tim. Now that he's a star on KS, he'll probably be too cool to hang out here anymore.
Not if I'm allowed to keep stuffing Keith into a closet! An we don't want to be there when Keith COMES OUT OF THE CLOSET!

Old 05-05-2007, 11:07 AM   #9
Mangshan
Hey Jim,
I don't know how Tim Cole could get any cooler than he already is?
He practically pees ice cubes as it is!
In all seriousness,
We here in Colorado are wishing all the herpers of Texas the best outcome on this restrictive legislation. I hope that Texans are able to maintain their rights as reptile keepers. A LOT of people enjoy the annual pilgramage to the Mecca of Texas as tourists of Herpetological fauna. The freedoms enjoyed by Texans make your state quite an attraction to MANY people.
Fight for your rights.
If Texas falls, it will have serious consequences for a LOT of other states.
Best wishes guys.
Harlin Wall - WALL TO WALL REPTILES!

ps. Keith, you might try using a little baby oil to get the duct tape off....but don't tell anyone I told you.....what would they do if someone released a Wild Collected Northrop at one of those meetings?!?!? Far worse than other type of possibly soon-to-be restricted reptiles! LOL
Best Wishes Everyone!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!