Glass Track? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 03-18-2005, 12:26 AM   #1
bobbyneal
Glass Track?

Does anyone know where I can find plastic glass track similar to that found on vision cages etc? Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Bobby Neal

Old 03-18-2005, 01:37 AM   #2
Intense Herpetoculture
I've found them in Home Depot. I don't think it was in the glass dept. I think it was around the section that carries foam to seal doors and windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyneal
Does anyone know where I can find plastic glass track similar to that found on vision cages etc? Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Bobby Neal

Old 03-30-2005, 12:41 AM   #3
Radena
I just found some at www.epcohardware.com
But have not found a local distributor for them
yet. I did order a catalog.

I went to HomeDepo in Portland, Or.
They did not have it. And that is a big store.

If anyone buys any at Homedepo. We need
the Item number. So maybe we can look it up
or something. I have been looking for 8 months.

Even called the local glass place. All they have is
expensive tracks that you need rollers assembled
for the glass.

Very frustrating!
Radena

Old 03-30-2005, 01:33 PM   #4
Chris_Harper2
The cheapest place that I've found is Outwater Plastics. There is a minimum order but I believe it's less than 20 feet.

http://www.outwater.com/miracle2.htm

If you have a hardware store in your area that is sponsored by "Do It Best" you can save a lot of money, especially if you're only doing one cage. The reason being is that they have a corporate policy of providing free shipping for any product listed on their website that is not in stock at their stores.

I see they still have the glass track listed on their website:

http://doitbest.com/shop/product.asp...102&sku=228658

And they also have a store locator so you can find one in your area. You'll need to order this through the store to get the free shipping, if that's indeed still their policy.

http://doitbest.com/shop/locator.asp...PUG588RJTJ2Q6F

Note that the "tan" glass track they carry is actually more of an orange.

If that color is not acceptable for you or you cannot meet the minimum order for Outwater Plastics you can order a brown product from Rockler.com. Expensive with shipping, however.

Old 04-01-2005, 09:00 PM   #5
liquidleaf
Also, try Rockler hardware... lots of cool cage-worthy doodads on this site.

http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...5&filter=track

Old 05-05-2021, 10:21 AM   #6
web3htm
There are several glass systems available at https://mbs-standoffs.com/landing/art-hanging-systems

Old 07-02-2021, 02:28 PM   #7
Imchet
In case you haven't found what you're looking for, I have upper and lower glass track from outwater plastics. I can make small pieces cut +- 1/16" or cut slightly oversize do you can fit it more pecicely. Feel free to DM if interested.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Old 07-02-2021, 02:32 PM   #8
Imchet
Oops, forgot. Glass track is for 1/8" glass and is "W" track for two panes which can slide and overlap.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Old 07-02-2021, 05:18 PM   #9
Socratic Monologue
After 16 years, you'd think we'd at least have gotten an update.

Old 07-03-2021, 01:20 PM   #10
E.Shell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
After 16 years, you'd think we'd at least have gotten an update.
Don't give up quite yet.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!