SOLD!! Adult Harquahala Female (Chocolate Rosy Boa) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons

Notices

Old 05-16-2021, 05:40 AM   #1
avidrosy
Adult Harquahala Female (Chocolate Rosy Boa)

I have an adult Rosy Boa for sale. No spurs present so female. She's about 4-5 years old and weighs 595 grams. She is hefty and healthy.

Disclaimer: She was sold to as a Harquahala mt. Rosy! She has a grayer base than your typical Harquahala so could be a different locale (Example: Cerbat locale) or have some mix in her which doesn't make her a pure Harquahala. So with that said if breeding is your intention, then she could produce. Great feeder, actually too good in my opinion. She's on the food aggressive side, which can be a good and bad thing, so best to watch your fingers until she's out of her enclosure haha.

Looking to give her to someone who will care for her. Rosy Boas are my favorite snake but making room for a Mountain King that will be coming soon. Local pickup is preferred please! Orange county, Riverside County, Los Angeles County, and San Diego County.

Asking $200
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 05-16-2021, 08:53 AM   #2
Socratic Monologue
Nice looking snake. You've done a good job with feeding her; my food-oriented females usually put on too much weight in their tails (my fault, of course), but yours looks properly fed.

Any idea who produced her? I ask because that's the most gray-shifted supposed Harquahala I've seen, and if she's to be breeding stock a person would need to be certain that there are no other locales (something Baja, maybe) mixed in there.

Any idea on the birth year? Last year you offered a 5-6 year old Harq female. Same snake?

Old 05-16-2021, 01:10 PM   #3
avidrosy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
Nice looking snake. You've done a good job with feeding her; my food-oriented females usually put on too much weight in their tails (my fault, of course), but yours looks properly fed.

Any idea who produced her? I ask because that's the most gray-shifted supposed Harquahala I've seen, and if she's to be breeding stock a person would need to be certain that there are no other locales (something Baja, maybe) mixed in there.

Any idea on the birth year? Last year you offered a 5-6 year old Harq female. Same snake?
Thank you! And yes same individual.

As far as who produced her, I have no clue. I purchased her from an individual who advertised her as 3-4 years old in December of 2019. At the time, she looked like she could have been on the 4 year old side, however, I've decided to round and estimate lower to be on the safe side since then. I'm comfortable saying she's about 4-4.5 years now.

Now, there could be a possibility of something mixed if you're more familiar with Harq. rosies and can see it. She was originally a classroom snake, so I decided to take her in, and give her a good home with no breeding intentions.

She was sold to me as a Harq. and the teacher was sure about it, yet you almost never know for certain unless you have proof from breeders or pics of the parent snakes.
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-16-2021, 01:16 PM   #4
Socratic Monologue
Thanks for the reply.

Personally, I think animals that don't trace back to a breeder whose reputation can be ascertained, and that look a bit different than the norm, shouldn't be advertised as having breeding potential and should be described with the disclaimer "sold to me as..." Just an opinion from someone who is fairly concerned about the increasing number of mislabeled rosy boas advertised.

Anyway, it is a lovely snake at a very good price. Best of luck with the sale.

Old 05-16-2021, 01:24 PM   #5
avidrosy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
Thanks for the reply.

Personally, I think animals that don't trace back to a breeder whose reputation can be ascertained, and that look a bit different than the norm, shouldn't be advertised as having breeding potential and should be described with the disclaimer "sold to me as..." Just an opinion from someone who is fairly concerned about the increasing number of mislabeled rosy boas advertised.

Anyway, it is a lovely snake at a very good price. Best of luck with the sale.
Thank you for that! I'll edit that and remember for the future! PM me in the future if you have any future interest!
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
boa, ground boas, rosy boa, rubber boa, sand boa