Why Can't I Get My Snakes Cool Enought! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 12-29-2003, 08:57 PM   #1
tdeppen
Why Can't I Get My Snakes Cool Enought!

I have all of my snakes burmateing right now and it doesnt get that cold in savannah, ga. the coldest i can get it is 65, and that wont cut it. I was wondering if there was any plans to buld a cooling box or chamber to get them cool enought and keep it cool. i have come up with some intresting ideas, but was wondering if anyone else has run into the same problem. So i need help.
thad
T_DEPPEN@YAHOO.COM

Old 12-30-2003, 11:20 AM   #2
Mark and Aimee
A window air conditioner in a small room may do the job...

If that isn't feasible - you just might have to start looking into making a cooling box out of a refridgerator. Can't help you with that one!

Old 12-30-2003, 06:40 PM   #3
John Apple
I would assume it gets down to at least the fourties
so just leave a window cracked in a back room or a basement and put the animals close enough to the window to where they will get down to 50 at night.
this is what I do in my basement in the winter up here in Michigan and the cool down to 50-65 degrees average is 55 and for the past three years all females have produced[obsoleta morphs and e. guttata morphs] plus a couple pairs of Cal. Kings.
this works well for me up here, it's an idea though

Old 12-30-2003, 07:13 PM   #4
tdeppen
well it does get below 50 here, but during the day it can get up to 75. and in the garage the temp goes up and down on how hot/cool it is out side. i was still thinking about turning a old fridge, by cutting holes in it, into a cooling box.
thad

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!