about Vets - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:33 PM   #11
AbsoluteApril
Stephane, I hope your snake recovers!

I've had good/bad/neutral experiences with reptile vets and vets in general (going through a huge and expensive mess with one of my cats right now but I digress).

I generally expect that I'm going to be paying $400 anytime I want to take one of my reptiles in. I've had some visits/treatments that came out to only about $250 and others that were over $750. I do understand why they need to see the reptile each time although I do wish they would be willing to *waive* the office visit fee on re-checks but I suppose they do have overhead and staff to pay... sometimes it does seem unnecessary. oh well. Finding a good reptile vet is a wonderful thing as they can sometimes be few and far between.
/rant

Old 05-07-2014, 07:01 PM   #12
yeloowtang
No, i had it done to clear the possibility of a parasite to illiminate that part of possible problems.
We discussed possible blood tests but the vet said it wasn t necessary just yet.
I am not sure what other tests i could get done.according to the vet, her lungs sound good, heart beat is good, she did mention the bottom part seemed a little swollen but nothing to worry about.. She taught about an x-ray to make sure she wasn t pregnant ? But that is not possible unless the original owner tried to breed a 500g female.....?? Since in my care not only has she never been near another snake, she spent lots of time in my sons room ever since.. Not impossible if she retained sperm !!!! But not likely

All togeter this female got 4 vet visits and full check ups
1 mouth,trachea swab
1 bacterial culture
1 fecal test
Baytril injections in the begining 10 all together of .22 cc
Fortaz injections in two seperate treatments 15 all together of .17 cc
Anti inflamatory injections 5 of them of .02 cc to help with the prolapse

Next step is tube feeding unless she takes food on her own, will try this evening
I have some panacure( not sure on the spelling) but i don t want to give anymore drugs until she eats and gains a little weight and strengh.

Just before the shed, she was in a tub with water and peed, didn t prolapse, in fact the sent gland retracted on its own

She still has ways to go and not out of the woods yet, far from it.. But not as depressing as it was when we first saw that redness.. That was just

Thanks for the suggestion, i will for sure mention this next visit,
All these latest problems are hard to swallow since her RI seems gone for good, no more traces at all, perfect tougue flicker, clear inside..

Just hope she pulls out of the latest..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!