What/Who is your biggest and oldest Boa? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-16-2010, 03:39 PM   #1
hupababy_83
What/Who is your biggest and oldest Boa?

I would like to see your big old'uns or read about them. My oldest is 4years old and 6'5" last time I attempted to measure her. Her name is Empress Ish Tish, she is hypo, het albino, het anery. She is still young but she is my biggest!!

Second biggest is her mate Big Chief! My albino het snow male. He is 6' and 3years old. He is a sweet heart!!

Here is a pic of both when I first introduced them, back in Febuary or March

Can I see yours?

Old 10-22-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
Mokele
My biggest/oldest is also my very first snake, Speckles. He's 17 years old, definitely male, approximately 8-9 feet long but surprisingly lightly built for his length (25 lbs or so).

He's a regular Columbian boa constrictor, from the days before there even *were* boa morphs available - the very first albino boa breeding was reported by "The Vivarium" (who else remembers that?) about 6 months or so before I got him. He's also got a custom cage, because back in those days, the only folks selling big reptile cages was Neodesha Plastics, and even those weren't big enough for him.

At 17, he's still going strong, too - devouring rabbits with gusto, still fit & strong, and still with a bold, shiny pattern.

Speckles in his water bowl for a bath:

Fingers crossed, I'll have him for another 17 years, or more. He's never had a significant health issue, so I'm optimistic about the next 2 decades.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:49 AM   #3
Mokele
Damn, screwed up the photobucket link

Old 11-15-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
mxracer4life
My biggest and oldest boa was a 9 1/2 ft female that I rescued in early
2009. I had a lady call me and said she had a 12ft 80lb boa, who will miss that? Well, I get there, she is covered in mites, respitory infection from you know where and extremely lethargic. She wanted $800 for her, lol. She had the original receipt which dated back to 1991, which made her 18 years old when I got her. I offered her a good home and pointed out all the health issues and she ended up giving her to me. So I get her vet checked, in 2-3 months she is doing tons better. She ate rabbits like they were chocolate. She measured at around 9 1/2 ft, weight when I got her was 32lbs. She weighed almost 40lbs when she died this past winter. The vet told me she died of natural causes but I don't know. She was such a great snake, will go down in my record book. What sticks out the most in my memories is the size of her head! It was as wide as my fist! I should of taken more pictures of her.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:38 PM   #5
hupababy_83
That's a great story Jeremy. I'm sorry for your loss, but she did sound awesome!

Old 11-15-2010, 04:41 PM   #6
mxracer4life
Thank you! She was awesome, I miss her greatly.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:54 PM   #7
hupababy_83
I believe you do. Some people don't see how we can love or become attached to no fur animals, but to be honest I'm more attached to my reptiles, than any cat I ever had!

Old 11-18-2010, 07:38 AM   #8
crotalusadamanteus
My biggest, Lucky...

LOL OK, so I lied.

MJ, my largest girl at the moment. 8Ft and 30 lbs...

Aurora, RIP. She was my largest @ about 9ft and 35-40 lbs...

I've had larger ones in the past (no pics, sorry) but they were old school Colombians @ 11 to 12 ft and 45+ in weight. You don't see them get that size much any more, probably due to selective breeding or something.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:45 PM   #9
hupababy_83
Rich, sorry about Aurora. I recently found her story, in office blotted and wanted to send love and respect your way. Although I wasn't going to open up old wounds. So I send them now! I wouldn't say the pain will get better, because I honestly don't know if it will! BUT I will offer a shoulder if you need it!

MJ is a hotty! How old is she? What does she eat?

Old 11-18-2010, 01:56 PM   #10
mxracer4life
Nice girls Rich! I know what you mean about large columbians, there aren't too many around. When someone says they have a monster it usually isn't over 9ft.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!