Best morph to breed with pied... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-27-2011, 09:36 AM   #11
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
He told me my Pieds were ugly!
I've seen your pieds (at least 1 or 2 of them) so I'm sure he was just jealous!

Old 01-27-2011, 09:42 AM   #12
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2979 View Post
Deborah<<< all emo...wipes tears...

Thank you (quavery voice). That's probably what it was!

Old 01-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #13
B&C Ball Pythons
I'm a huge fan of panda pieds!

Old 01-27-2011, 10:31 AM   #14
phoenix-cry
Luckily I have all the time in the world. This is more of a 'long term' goal than a 'I want to breed snake right now'. I will start saving up some pennies and keep an eye out for an albino or xanthic that is het to pied. THanks!

Old 01-27-2011, 11:40 AM   #15
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
I think I would like to see what a Fire, Vanilla, or Specter does to the Pied morph before adding anything else to the mix.

Justin Kobylka produced the Fire Pied aka Pyro Pied and I'm working on producing Vanilla Pieds.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #16
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERPENTS DEN View Post
Justin Kobylka produced the Fire Pied aka Pyro Pied and I'm working on producing Vanilla Pieds.
A man after my own heart!

Old 01-27-2011, 11:59 AM   #17
phoenix-cry
Panda Pie do rock...but I don't think I could afford a super cin het to pie even if I could find one!

Old 01-27-2011, 04:06 PM   #18
hhmoore
Quote:
I think this is going to be the first time that I've ever stated this, but I disagree with Harald. LOL...If it were ANY other animal than pied, I would wholeheartedly agree, BUT with pieds, I've seen some crosses that you just can't tell what they are, except for the spot on their head. Lesser pieds seem to do this and several combos involving multiple co-dom/dom traits (i.e. pewter pied).

I've been going over the same question in my snake room, as I recently acquired a pied and have been scratching my head, trying to decide what I'd like to create. Not saying that I'll never make a non-recessive combo (I do love those mojo pieds, and I have lots of mojos in my snake room ) but I've pretty much decided on mixing it with other recessives. I don't know how big that penny will by the time you create double-hets and then try to hit the double morph, but the albino-pied will still look just as amazing as it does now!!
Reading the first part of your statement, I can't help but wonder what part of my post you disagree with. Hopefully you'll help me out here...toward that end, I'll break it down into bite sized chunks, and you can tell me which point is the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
What should I breed it to questions basically all have the same answer - what do you like?
Quote:
We can tell you any number of things to breed your pied to...but those are, in most cases, things that would us happy. YOU should make your purchases according to what makes YOU happy.
Quote:
Keep in mind that breeding your pied male to anything that is not at least heterozygous for pied will not produce any pied babies; so if you want pieds in your first litter...make sure that whatever else the female is, she is also het pied.
Quote:
For me, the answer was pretty simple - I was never much of a fan of piebald ball pythons until I saw Steve Markevich's mojave pied (white gold). That combination is the only reason I have pieds in my collection.
__________________________________________________ _______________________
Quote:
He told me my Pieds were ugly!
Not exactly, I told you that I didn't like them. That didn't diminish my appreciation of your offer.

Quote:
That's probably what it was....these are the pieds I ended up with.
male

female

Hopefully, Steve will post pics of my inspiration (his mojave pied)

Old 01-27-2011, 04:11 PM   #19
deborahbroadus
Yes, they are gorgeous!

Old 01-27-2011, 04:23 PM   #20
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Reading the first part of your statement, I can't help but wonder what part of my post you disagree with. Hopefully you'll help me out here...toward that end, I'll break it down into bite sized chunks, and you can tell me which point is the problem.
Dang...you ARE cranky, huh??

I was saying that I would have agreed with you stating that it's basically up to what the OP likes best, IF this was most any combo other than pied. I disagreed with this statement strictly about the pieds because some pied combos are 99% white with a small spot on their head (lesser, pewter, and others, but I'm not familiar enough to tell you which all come out looking the same). If the OP wants a solid white snake, he could do it a lot sooner/easier with a pair of mojos, or any other combo that makes a Blue, or Black, Eyed Lucy.

I DO agree that it's the OP's decision of what he likes best. Just think he might want to check out a few things about this gene before deciding which he wants (because of the fact that the appearance of the actual, visual morph combo may not be what he's expecting).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
breeding, morph, piebald, pied