From my gardens - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:26 PM   #1
Southern Wolf
From my gardens

Today I took the camera out to snap a few quick photos before getting to work outside. Here is a few of the plants and flowers making a showing today.

White Daffodils

Purple Iris

Dandilion

Hosta

Old 04-13-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
AK907
Very nice, Kev. Thanks for sharing!

Old 04-13-2011, 08:49 PM   #3
LauraB
Georgeous, as always, Kevin!
I can also now justify just why I don't kill the dandelions in my yard, thanks to that beauty

Old 04-13-2011, 08:56 PM   #4
Southern Wolf
I had planned on doing a photo shoot with them.... but work was calling. With all the rain lately I was behind... so it was only a quick walk around the yard photographing some things.

Eventually I hope to get myself into a position that I can do that walk daily with the camera... but right now there is just too much to do.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:02 PM   #5
LauraB
I tried to do that same thing last spring/summer every day before work - plants, insects, critters ... I managed to get about a full month in every morning ... then all that stuff I'd normally do piled up. Such is life.

Any fleeting minutes one can get really seeing "the little things" is well worth the time

Old 04-13-2011, 09:05 PM   #6
Lucille
Beautiful pictures, it is stunning how you got such a sharp closeup image of the dandelion.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:29 PM   #7
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
Beautiful pictures, it is stunning how you got such a sharp closeup image of the dandelion.

Oh... I can get closer. I havent even begun to task my macro lens.

I've got an idea for another shot... lets see if I can pull it off tomarrow

Old 04-14-2011, 02:26 PM   #8
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
Georgeous, as always, Kevin!
I can also now justify just why I don't kill the dandelions in my yard, thanks to that beauty
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
Told ya I can get closer.

I could add a few attachments onto the lens and get even closer... but these are pretty decent shots.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:28 PM   #9
Southern Wolf
I also took this photo today while I was out and about in the yard. This is my second Iris to bloom.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:54 PM   #10
annmikeal
Wow Kevin, absolutely love the dandilion close up that is off to the side... stunning

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!