Applebee’s Wonton Tacos Recipe Knock Off - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen

Notices

Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen Whats Cooking: A cooking forum designed for fauna members to share recipes and other culinary delights with each other. Bon Appetit!

Old 04-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
SamanthaJane13
Talking Applebee’s Wonton Tacos Recipe Knock Off

2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into small 1 inch pieces.
Stir Fry Sauce (I used Kikkoman Stir-Fry Sauce)
Coleslaw vegetable mix.
Wonton wrappers (sold in the produce department)
Olive Oil
Fresh Cilantro
Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Meanwhile, place the chicken pieces into a skillet and cook over medium heat until cooked through.

2. Add in a few tablespoons of stir-fry sauce to the cooked chicken and simmer on low for several minutes.

3. Coat both sides of each wonton wrapper and place over the end of a wide edged oven safe pan. I did the first batch of wontons on my broiler pan and I should have stuck with it because the casserole dish I switched to did not have wide enough sides and the second and third batches of wonton wrappers can out a little thin. Place wonton wrappers in the oven for 5 minutes or until light brown and crispy. These do not really burn to a black color, so if they are dark brown they have probably burned.

4. Add some of the bagged coleslaw vegetable mix to the chicken mixture along with about a 1/4 cup of stir-fry sauce and simmer on low. You can add more or less vegetables and more or less sauce as you see fit.

5. Remove the wonton wrappers from the oven. The should be light brown and crispy all over. They should easily lift off the side of the pan. Let them cool on a plate for a few minutes.

6. Fill each wonton wrapper with a bit of the chicken mix and top with fresh cilantro.

We served ours with sugar snap peas and rice flavored with chicken stock, but you can serve it with whatever you wish!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!