2 Hatchling JCP's same cage - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-10-2010, 04:22 PM   #1
rollincoal420
2 Hatchling JCP's same cage

I am getting 1.1 Jungle baby's. They are probably 4-5 mnths old. I set up my 10gallon tank planning on only getting one but found out I can get a smokin deal on the pair. Would the 2 of them be ok in one 10g tank for now or should I dig the 29g out of the attic and set it up for the 2 of them. I would hate to have one in the 10 and one in the 29. I would just feel bad for the one that has to look at its sibling in the larger home and feel like I am choosing a favorite

Old 02-10-2010, 04:40 PM   #2
hhmoore
If you are only prepared to deal with one snake, only get one snake.
If you are intent on housing both together, use the bigger tank.

Old 02-10-2010, 04:49 PM   #3
rollincoal420
I'm stoked and ready for both. Thats not the issue. I was just wondering since I was only looking at one I got the 10g out and set it up, then the breeder told me she needed room and would cut me a helluva deal on the pair. Thanks. I'll get the 29g out of the attic and get it set up. I just would feel bad keeping one in a little 10 while there sibling was blessed with a roomy 29g. Is there anything negative or something I should look out for with keeping to youngins in the same enclosure? Like one wont try and eat the other right? Its not like I'm putting them in the same tank as my hungry king snake

Old 02-10-2010, 04:59 PM   #4
hhmoore
Kingsnakes aren't the only snakes that will eat another snake...
It's been known to happen with a variety of boas, pythons and colubrids in captive situations. It's a risk you have to be willing to take, if you are going to put them in the same enclosure.

Old 02-10-2010, 05:03 PM   #5
rollincoal420
Gotcha. Them 2 would b the only 2 in the same tank. As long as I keep them fed and happy it should reduce the risk of me raising one cannibal instead of 2 without cannibalistic habits?

ps. Thanks for the quick responce

Old 02-10-2010, 05:14 PM   #6
hhmoore
That isn't what I said...I said it's a risk you have to be willing to take, if you're going to put them in the same enclosure.

(there are other potential problems, as well, but I'm on my way out the door.)

Old 02-10-2010, 05:17 PM   #7
rollincoal420
ok. Thanks. I think I was just reading into it more than I should have

Old 02-10-2010, 05:22 PM   #8
hhmoore
I'm not saying it can't be done...
The potential problems are discussed in several threads on this site. A search of "cohabitating" should bring them up (If not, play with it a bit...they're here)

Old 02-10-2010, 05:24 PM   #9
rollincoal420
ok. thanks. I'm looking into it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!