Sexing ball python - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-06-2016, 04:50 PM   #11
Big Borg Reptiles
I'm not saying you're not right to be upset, not in any way. I would be just as upset as you are. The issue is that once a significant amount of time passes, it's really hard to have a solid point to stand on. The seller could argue that it's not the same snake, or that they can't really do anything since so much time has passed...it's messed up that they're not even willing to LOOK at the snake, but they are at least willing to rectify the situation in some way.

I'm honestly not trying to downplay what happened; it's never ok to get a snake (or anything for that matter) that isn't what you expected. For the amount of time that's passed though, it seems like a reasonable solution that the seller has offered. If you disagree that's completely your call, I would let the seller know that and demand something else before posting on the BOI though. If they're not willing to reach a solution that you're both ok with, then I would absolutely post a negative thread on them. I'm a huge proponent of giving people as much opportunity to fix their mistakes as possible; I would hope that people would give me the same chance if I made a mistake.

Once they reach a point where they simply say they're not willing to work with you, it's absolutely justified to make them answer for it. That's just my opinion.

Old 04-06-2016, 05:12 PM   #12
nohobo2
Of course I will let the seller know what I came up with prior to posting I just feel like this is where we are going to be at possibly. I have the pic of the snake he sent me so it's the same snake he gave me. It's an albino so the markings are pretty easy to tell. The snake also had a little stuck shed we discussed so definetly same snake. Denying this is his snake would be the nail in the coffin to any would be customers because it would be the most obvious cop out. I never pushed for a full refund which in my opinion I may deserve but store credit like I said doesn't make sense. Im sure to some customers like myself certain guarantees are key. Also this is a local sale and but what if this was shipped to me in another state everyone knows how that process goes. He won't even look at the snake some people will offer lifetime support for the animal. No customer is going to appreciate that, and obviously had someone had anything similar to this experience and posted about it I would never have done business with them.

Old 04-06-2016, 05:18 PM   #13
Big Borg Reptiles
I agree, if someone pulled that card on me (it's not the same snake) that'd be the end of it. I would let them know that the offer they gave you isn't something you agree with and see what else they're willing to do. I'm not saying the BOI isn't an option (and might end up being the result), but you should give them as much chance as they give you. If they are willing to make it right then they deserve the chance, once they start blowing you off and calling you wrong you have every right to let the community know.

I am without doubt that at some point I will sell someone a snake that I incorrectly sexed (if I haven't already). As much as I try to get things right, we're all human and we all make mistakes. I don't think he would have intentionally ripped you off, and if you felt that way I don't think you would have been asking for advice. Give him a chance and see what he'll do before doing anything drastic. Once his tone changes and he isn't willing to help you, then it's fair game.

Old 04-06-2016, 05:19 PM   #14
Big Borg Reptiles
That's just my opinion from a neutral standpoint, you obviously can do whatever you think is best. I think you'll feel much better about the whole situation if you're able to solve it just between the two of you though.

Old 04-06-2016, 05:25 PM   #15
Big Borg Reptiles
I think most sellers (myself included) will go above and beyond to make sure that a buyer is satisfied. I have only ever had one instance where someone had an issue and I went way out of my way to rectify it (even though I'm certain the issue was their fault). It's simply a matter of customer service and how important their reputation is to them. That's why I say, give them a chance, if they don't work with you in a way that you're satisfied, by all means. Obviously you can't demand they give you 10 times what you paid, but you should absolutely expect reasonable compensation.

Old 04-06-2016, 05:41 PM   #16
nohobo2
Of course I get from a seller point of view it sucks to get it wrong and stings a little to give an actual refund not store credit. But 100 off store credit is something you give returning customers that's not a refund. I can't cover the vet bill which costs me that much basically with store credit. This is a matter of principle I overpaid for what I got and just want to be made whole again. Which right now I do not feel I have been.

Old 04-06-2016, 05:48 PM   #17
Big Borg Reptiles
I completely understand and agree. If I were the seller you wouldn't even be posting here asking what to do because I would have made sure you were happy. I'm just saying, at least give him a chance, let him know you want a different solution and see what he offers. The BOI is a pain tbh, if you can avoid it you should. Don't expect to get anything in terms of the vet bill, but some compensation for the snake itself is completely justified.

Old 04-06-2016, 06:09 PM   #18
nohobo2
Thanks again, as a seller you are definetly right what defines you more is how you respond to a delema. You can get it right a thousand times but when there's a problem that's when a customer truly know how you like to operate.

Old 04-06-2016, 06:12 PM   #19
Big Borg Reptiles
Exactly. And I think any good business knows that. Give him a chance though, he's probably just new to it. There's no point in assuming the worst, odds are he'll be willing to work something out that you're happy with.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!