Het Albino x Het Toffee = Possibility of Visual? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-01-2016, 12:38 PM   #1
jconway2208
Het Albino x Het Toffee = Possibility of Visual?

I am hoping somebody can answer a question for me. I was given two het Toffee females (one proven). I have read toffee is "compatible" with Albino. I have a 100% het albino. If I put the het albino to the het toffee, to I have a possibility of a visual of either, or both (Albino, Toffee, or Toffino)? Thanks for any help you may be able to provide. Otherwise I will need to start looking for an Toffee male, or het toffee male to prove these out.

Thanks again,

James

Old 04-01-2016, 01:09 PM   #2
Big Borg Reptiles
You would have a 25% chance of a toffino, 25% chance of het. albino, 25% chance of het. toffee, and 25% chance of normal. Wouldn't be able to differentiate between any of them but the toffino though.

So yes, you would have a chance of producing a visual toffino. There's no way to get a visual toffee or visual albino unless you have two copies of it (in this scenario you don't).

Old 04-01-2016, 01:16 PM   #3
jconway2208
Thanks for the help Nick. This is the answer I was hoping for. So the other 75% would be normals listed as Pos Het Albino OR Pos Het Toffee, correct?

Old 04-01-2016, 02:09 PM   #4
Big Borg Reptiles
Yea, the others would be 66% poss. het albino or het. toffee.

Old 04-01-2016, 04:06 PM   #5
jconway2208
Thanks again Nick.

Do you know as much about boa's as you do BPs?

Old 04-01-2016, 05:41 PM   #6
Big Borg Reptiles
I just started dealing with boas but I MIGHT be able to help. When I start researching something I put all of my energy into it, I'm reasonably comfortable with boa morphs at this point but certainly not an expert. Feel free to send me a pm though and I'll let you know if I can help you out

Old 04-01-2016, 05:44 PM   #7
Big Borg Reptiles
Also, dont assume the females AREN'T het toffee if you don't get a visual in the clutch, if you hit bad odds you might not see one for 2-3 clutches from a het to het pairing.

Old 04-01-2016, 05:48 PM   #8
jconway2208
Great advice! I really appreciate all the help!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!