Question about my brooks growth. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-12-2011, 12:17 PM   #1
gavinrmsy
Question about my brooks growth.

hello my brooks king snake is 26 inches long (2 feet 2 inches) and i was wondering if she is to big for her age... she is 4 months old... just wondering cause all the ones at the store are kinda small compared to her ( they are her siblings) oh she eats 2 fuzzy mice a week.

any how just wondering what a good size is for her age and what not.

Old 01-06-2012, 12:47 AM   #2
a153fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinrmsy View Post
hello my brooks king snake is 26 inches long (2 feet 2 inches) and i was wondering if she is to big for her age... she is 4 months old... just wondering cause all the ones at the store are kinda small compared to her ( they are her siblings) oh she eats 2 fuzzy mice a week.

any how just wondering what a good size is for her age and what not.
Florida Kings can grow rapidly if they have a good appetite and are fed heavily. Most baby Brooks at 4 months are probably still eating pinkies. The pet shops will usually feed just enough to keep the snake alive and well, but won't feed them enough to push their growth. Your snake will be fine, just keep in mind that after it reaches maturity, if you continue to power feed it may become obese. Unless it's a female and you breed her, which will use up much of the excess weight toward producing eggs.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #3
Women
Yes Florida kings will grow fast if you over feed them I have a white cheek books king and he was getting fed at this pet store every other day. I could not belive it that is way to much but yeah make sure that you don't over feed it can and will become obese.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:39 PM   #4
a153fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Women View Post
Yes Florida kings will grow fast if you over feed them I have a white cheek books king and he was getting fed at this pet store every other day. I could not belive it that is way to much but yeah make sure that you don't over feed it can and will become obese.
Yeah I agree you have to be carefull not to let them get obese, but Florida Kings are eating machines and can put the food toward growth as long as they are still young and growing. My speckled kings don't grow nearly as fast, and so they don't eat as much either. Post some pics of your white Cheek, I'd really love to see it. Those are not very well known, and are very cool looking. I have a male from a bone white line, but he's not the best looking example I've seen.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #5
Women
Talking

Okay here he is I hope you can see him lol he is still a young guy yet he just shed this afternoon. I can also show you his shed skin if ya wnat lol I love showing off my reptiles.
Attached Images

Old 01-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #6
Women
Talking

And here is his shed skin lol really cool looking I love snake shed skin.
Attached Images

Old 01-06-2012, 11:38 PM   #7
a153fish
Ahh that's a very pretty snake. I suspect it will get whiter with age too. Here is a close up of it, though it got slightly blurry when I enlarged it.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:38 PM   #8
gavinrmsy
Pretty snake! mine is an Anerythristic brooks king... she is now 85 grams and is about 28 inches long...(2 feet and 4 inches)and about an inch wide... had her for 6 months and she is going on 7-9 months old...

Old 01-06-2012, 11:46 PM   #9
Women
Quote:
Originally Posted by a153fish View Post
Ahh that's a very pretty snake. I suspect it will get whiter with age too. Here is a close up of it, though it got slightly blurry when I enlarged it.

Thanks for the nice comment he is a beautitful looking guy but I have to say he has a little attitude lol loves to rattle that tail at me.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:51 PM   #10
gavinrmsy
here is an edited picture i made it look a little more pro...
feel free to use and i just noticed i went a little overboard with the shadow i will fix that...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!