They call it a mistake, I call it burglary. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:40 AM   #1
Dennis Hultman
They call it a mistake, I call it burglary.

Keep in mind these people have no mortgage. No mortgage with Wells Fargo! They own the home. It is their home...

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/...ly-foreclosed/

Owners Lose Possessions After Home Near Twentynine Palms Is Mistakenly Foreclosed
Quote:
TWENTYNINE PALMS (CBSLA.com) — The owners of a modest home near Twentynine Palms lost their cherished possessions after a bank mistakenly foreclosed their residence.

A crew broke into Alvin and Pat Tjosaas’ desert home and took everything after being directed by Wells Fargo to secure the structure.

The couple, however, didn’t have a mortgage on the home.

Alvin said the deputy sheriff said, “Good news, we know who took (your possessions)…Wells Fargo. Bad news, your stuff is all gone.”

All the married couple has now are three generations of memories.

Alvin, a retired mason, built the home with his father when he was a teenager.

“I know every inch, every rock…my mom mixed all the cement by hand,” he said.

Alvin and his wife would later bring their six children to their desert oasis.

“My little kids (would) come out here and their dresses were the same color as the wildflowers,” said Alvin.

A spokesman for Wells Fargo released a statement apologizing to the couple.

“We are deeply sorry for the very personal losses the Tjosaas family suffered as a result of their home being mistakenly secured,” said Alfredo Padilla. “We are moving quickly to reach out to the family to resolve this unfortunate situation in an attempt to right this wrong.”

Alvin and Pat remain distraught.

“When you put your heart into something…it makes me real sad. I’m just glad I have my sweetheart. We’ve been together a long time,” said Alvin.
Anybody else would be arrested and charges brought. Nobody else would get a pass for taking property that didn't belong to them or burglarizing a structure or home.

The Wells Fargo agents that are responsible for this error and those that carried out the BURGLARY should be charged. Period!

You don't make these kinds of "mistakes" without severe consequences.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:07 AM   #3
Dennis Hultman
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...ire&id=8799822
Quote:
TWENTYNINE PALMS, Calif. (KABC) -- A local couple's dreams have been shattered by a foreclosure mistake that left their retirement home in ruins.

When banks take over foreclosed homes, they often try to salvage the contents inside to recoup their losses. But what if they have no right to those contents in the first place? Alvin Tjosaas says that scenario is all too real for him.

Back in 1961, a 14-year-old Tjosaas literally helped his father build a vacation home in Twentynine Palms. He's taken his family there ever since, sharing unforgettable moments.

"I put my whole life into this place, building it for my mom and dad," said Tjosaas.

The house recently had valuables stored in the garage, including decades worth of family heirlooms. But the house was in ruins after Tjosaas says subcontractors hired by Wells Fargo entered the property with a foreclosure notice in hand. The notice had the name Stephen A. Janosik on it, but the address for the Tjosaas family home.

"It's the wrong house, simple as that. It's a big mistake, but sort of a simple mistake," said Tjosaas.

Tjosaas says the subcontractors broke down doors, smashed windows, tore down walls, taking anything of value to sell later on.

He says they took three tractor mowers and three golf carts. Their camper trailer was badly damaged. His wife, Patricia, couldn't believe her eyes.

"We had all of his masonry tools, all of his carpenter tools, all of his plumbing tools, everything that he owned," she said.

Tjosaas said his dad's WWI uniform and flag were also gone. The Tjosaas say they've tried to reach out to Wells Fargo for answers, but to no avail.

"The way it's been going, I don't think they really care. That's the way it's been for the three months. Now, all of a sudden, it's you guys. Now, all of sudden, they call me," said Tjosaas.

After repeated calls from Eyewitness News, Wells Fargo released a statement, saying, "We are deeply sorry for the very personal losses the Tjosaas family suffered as a result of their home being mistakenly secured and entered by an outside party hired to address a different nearby property. We are moving quickly to reach out to the Tjosaas family to resolve this unfortunate situation in an attempt to right this wrong."

Tjosaas says because of the media calls, a Wells Fargo representative asked to meet with him in person on Thursday to apologize. He hired a lawyer, who will be at that meeting. They hope they can reach an agreement and avoid legal action.

The couple and their attorney met with the bank Thursday. The bank offered the couple $260,000. The couple had not yet reached a decision Thursday.
Are you kidding me..... Ridiculous

Old 09-07-2012, 02:02 AM   #4
Mooing Tricycle
PATHETIC....... What the HECK!? Only 260,000 for a lifetime of posessions built up?!

Old 09-07-2012, 02:05 AM   #5
WebSlave
Take them to court and put at least one extra zero after that figure. Wells Fargo has to know that they don't have a chance of winning in court over this. The damages inflicted were uncalled for, and you would think that Wells Fargo would not want those contractors treating property they were going to try to sell off (if they had had the correct address) with that manner of abuse.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!