Storms and Daytona - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 08-11-2004, 10:04 PM   #1
lostkauze
Storms and Daytona

Well, this isn't looking like a good week for us Floridians. We've got 2 hurricane/tropical storms... Bonnie headed for the panhandle, and Charley straight up the east coast... and possibly towards Daytona.

I'm driving up there (Daytona, Friday afternoon), and know that a hurricane will likely deter me from going... how do you all think Charley is going to affect Daytona, and will 'he' determine what you do? I know talking to some breeder friends that they are leaving a day early.

Well, I'll be watching the weather... this could turn out interesting.

Michael

Old 08-11-2004, 11:56 PM   #2
dhserps
storms

im going sunday to buy so charlie will be long gone and bonnie isnt going near daytona so but charlie will go right through daytona early saturday morning
hopefully charlie doesnt hit tampa

Old 08-12-2004, 11:36 AM   #3
ldydrgn
At this point, it look slike Charley will head up the west coast of FL.... On the report they were telling everyone to head east, like to Daytona I think we'll be fine.

Old 08-12-2004, 12:31 PM   #4
Vince
well im on the westcoast of florida, and i have changed my plans for my friday trip to stay with the house.

Old 08-12-2004, 06:06 PM   #5
Bighaze
Well I'm in tampa right off the bay, and they are now saying it is going to hit daytona head on right after it hits us. It should only be a class1 when it gets to daytona. I wish this damm storm hit last week or next.I'v been saving up for daytona for four months, but now I'm stuck at home.(I flood bad so I need to be here) May-be next year.........

Have fun and get a good deal for me!!!!

Old 08-12-2004, 07:06 PM   #6
WebSlave
For those of you who don't know about it, here's a storm tracking page for Hurricane Charley:

Hurricane Charley Storm Track

If it swings further west and heads towards Tallahassee, then that would mean I would have to stay home. But at least it looks like it is going to miss hitting Daytona Beach directly.

Driving to the show on Saturday morning won't be a picnic, however. If you can, get there on Friday and spend the night somewhere closeby.

Old 08-13-2004, 12:31 AM   #7
dhserps
it sucks,

its headed right towards me Tampa Bay area but I got the Heineken and were playing poker maybe ill have more$$ for Daytona

Old 08-13-2004, 02:17 PM   #8
snakekid13
Hurricane party!!!

Maybe if anyone else is in daytona at moment maybe we can get together im staying at the la quinta like a quarter of a mile from the expo.

Old 08-13-2004, 04:18 PM   #9
Lloyd Heilbrunn
Looks like it's going thru late tonight.I'm planning on driving up tommorrow AM. Hopefully the roads will clear by then....

Old 08-13-2004, 04:19 PM   #10
snakekid13
In order to set the mood for the upcoming weather event in Daytona, we're watching Earthquake on American Movie Channel.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!