Morphs with Genetic Health Issues - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-16-2016, 12:36 PM   #11
AbsoluteApril
There may not be a super form of spider. Could just be a dom morph, not co-dom (co-dom has a super version). White snakes in the egg could be super or could be an underdeveloped whatever baby since pattern/color is usually the last to develop. I don't have proof about spider one way or the other just some thoughts.

Old 02-16-2016, 03:03 PM   #12
bks2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
But at a 25% chance and how many people breeding them you'd think a lot more people would have hit those odds. Couldn't the white snake just be a normal one that the egg just died?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Yea that's what I was getting at. The "evidence" for super spider being lethal is very spotty. But at the same time, I would have thought someone would have found a spider so far that was cranking out 100% spider offspring, so the evidence that a homozygous spider snake (or lack of really) is also spotty.

I personally believe something else is happening here but I couldn't begin to figure it out, especially without a lot of clutch records for spider x spider pairings.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:08 PM   #13
peacelover28
I personally don't have any experience breeding bp's but I do have a super spider male and a spider female. Could that end badly if I bred them?

Old 02-28-2016, 08:10 PM   #14
Dbz4246
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacelover28 View Post
I personally don't have any experience breeding bp's but I do have a super spider male and a spider female. Could that end badly if I bred them?
How do you know it's a super spider?

Old 02-28-2016, 08:25 PM   #15
peacelover28
He's a super pastel killer bee spider but I'm not well versed in genes yet so I'm unsure if that qualifies as a super spider

Old 02-28-2016, 08:39 PM   #16
Dbz4246
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacelover28 View Post
He's a super pastel killer bee spider but I'm not well versed in genes yet so I'm unsure if that qualifies as a super spider
No, the "Super Sider" that is being discussed is a snake that has 2 spider genes in it, which in theory either doesn't exist, can't exist because the combo may be lethal, or can exist but would take many breedings to be definative. And your snake that you have sounds like a Killer Bee, which is a Super Pastel Spider. No need to mention the other names

Old 02-28-2016, 08:46 PM   #17
peacelover28
Thanks for the clarification. A super spider... sounds intriguing. I love the spider gene myself so it would be interesting to try. But with all the colors available it would be interesting to actually get a pair of pure spider.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
desert ball python, genetics, hidden gene woma, powerball, spider ball python