Tokay Gecko Help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-11-2016, 01:39 PM   #1
MissDoomNGloom
Question Tokay Gecko Help

Hello All,

I recently came into possession of 3 female tokay geckos. All have been eating and wasting well, and I've been attempting to get them used to my hands by putzing around in their enclosure once a day or so.

Now here's the problem. I managed to grab each of them for a thorough physical inspection (with only minor hand injury) and discovered that one of them has an ulcer in the corner of her mouth and another has a rather nasty looking tail (grayish and necrotic looking, but it seems to be neuro-muscularly intact).

These wounds will need regular care to prevent progression, but I would like to traumatize the animals as little as possible. Any advice?

-MDG

Old 05-11-2016, 07:08 PM   #2
JButera
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDoomNGloom View Post
Hello All,

I recently came into possession of 3 female tokay geckos. All have been eating and wasting well, and I've been attempting to get them used to my hands by putzing around in their enclosure once a day or so.

Now here's the problem. I managed to grab each of them for a thorough physical inspection (with only minor hand injury) and discovered that one of them has an ulcer in the corner of her mouth and another has a rather nasty looking tail (grayish and necrotic looking, but it seems to be neuro-muscularly intact).

These wounds will need regular care to prevent progression, but I would like to traumatize the animals as little as possible. Any advice?

-MDG
I would suggest just grabbing them, apply the meds as quickly as possible then put them back, there's not much more you can do. If they're somewhat healthy and the husbandry is on point, a little stress shouldn't kill them.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:29 PM   #3
MissDoomNGloom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JButera View Post
I would suggest just grabbing them, apply the meds as quickly as possible then put them back, there's not much more you can do. If they're somewhat healthy and the husbandry is on point, a little stress shouldn't kill them.
Thank you so very much, I was just somewhat concerned. I generally like my animals to trust me

Old 05-11-2016, 10:41 PM   #4
JButera
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDoomNGloom View Post
Thank you so very much, I was just somewhat concerned. I generally like my animals to trust me
Me too, but we're talking Tokay geckos

Old 09-24-2016, 07:35 PM   #5
Fantom6
You should take them to the vet and get the right meds for both of them. Make sure they do a fecal especially if they're Wild Caught. The vet will give you Panacur or something like it to destroy the parasites so they will have a long healthy life. Join my Facebook page-Tokay Gecko Keepers Group . My name is Joe Brashears, let me know when you're there, we have hundreds of pic and almost 2500 ppl on there from all over the world. Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
tokay gecko