How to get an Importer License - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:07 PM   #1
Serpent Syndicate
How to get an Importer License

I have been looking for a step by step series of instruction to become a certified reptile importer. Can anyone help me out?

Old 12-06-2010, 01:42 AM   #2
ratkingrodents
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
I have been looking for a step by step series of instruction to become a certified reptile importer. Can anyone help me out?
I would take a long hard look at importing animals these days. It used to be that you HAD TO import animals in order to keep up, but there are so many CBB animals these days it might not even be worth it.

I can remember a time in the trade where all of your burms, retics, and balls were imported. Burms and retics that would want to F you up, and balls that would eat three or four times a year LOL. Now, you have SO MANY people breeding these herps.

If you have a certain species that you want to work with that you can't get CBB, then I would say go for it. If you don't have anything specific in mind then I would say forget it.

Old 12-11-2010, 01:25 PM   #3
Cp3_Pythons
Brad,

Take it from me from personal experiance its a harder than thought process with semi strict guidelines....There's a decent amount of paperwork and thats the easy part... You would have to find contacts in the country you wish to Import from (an Exporter) Which No one is going to just give you them... Then you have to deal with Customs and the Airport to get your shipment to clear so you can pick up the items... theres designated ports to go through you can apply for a special port permit but thats not a guarentee that your going to get it and if thats the case and you dont live near the port you either have to get someone you trust near the port and have them ship the items to you or pick them up yourself.... I hope this helps some feel free to contact me if you have farther questions...

Old 01-19-2011, 02:37 PM   #4
chasebaker5
i know a buddy that can import anything i want just have to ask and depends what it is you want all his stuff comes from south america...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!