No Name at the REPTILE RANCH *BAD GUY* - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-02-2006, 05:18 PM   #1
bleeding_sarcasm
No Name at the REPTILE RANCH *BAD GUY*

We ordered 9 Reptisun 5.0 bulbs from the Reptile Ranch off of a ad they had on Kingsnake ad. These bulbs were represented as BRAND NEW and in the box, represented by stock photos directly from zoomed. Also in the same posting was Iguana Lights. I ordered, and paid for specificly 9 reptisun bulbs. Initally I was told shipping would be $26. I ship items for a living, and I knew this ammount was VERY inflated. After i questioned the ammount, the person I contacted then changed their estimate to be even HIGHER [$38] at which time I was not interested in being ripped off, so I didnt respond. He/she/it then changed his shipping quote to be $16.75 and we proceeded with the deal. I wrote in the paypal payment that this was for 9 reptisun 5.0 bulbs.

reciept from paypal:

-----------------------------------
Payment Details

Amount: $70.75 USD

Transaction ID: 0JT71507433862532

Subject: 9 reptisun 5.0 bulbs w.shipping.

Note:
Hello and thank you for giving me a more accurate shipping quote. I do appreciate it. Have a good day.

David Loftin

and the address that is on here is the one to ship to. Thanks
-------------------------------------

When the package arrived, The box was ripped open on one side, however it was well padded and all of the bulbs and material were not damaged by shipping. It was obviously a recycled box, that he had taped up with clear packing tape, which was not the tape used on the side that was ripped, so it very well could have been shipped in that conidition.

I pulled the lights out to examine them. Immeditely upon inspection I noticed it was not infact 9 reptisun bulbs. It was, instead, 2 reptisun bulbs, and 7 iguana lights. This was the beggining of my problems. The individual packaging on the bulbs were old and worn, The bulbs themselves are old, one had broken pins [also obviously not caused by shipping] and they have have dust embedded on them and are discolored.

this does not appear to be "shipping damage" or BRAND NEW as advertized

the broken pin, and the intact package:

I have contacted him/her/it for a resolution, and I have been denyed, I have filed a claim with Paypal, and now I will let the corrispondance speak for themselves.
I have put them in the correct chonological order to make for easier reading.

------------------------------------------

Subject: Message about: BRAND NEW IN BOX REPTISUN 5.0, OR IGUANA 5.0 15,36,48" $6ea.

NOTE: This message was sent to you via the Kingsnake.com Classifieds. If you feel this message is fraudulent or abusive please forward it to classifieds@pethobbyist.com.
NOTE: DO NOT flag this message as SPAM/JUNK as your ability to receive legitimate messages from Kingsnake.com Classifieds may be compromised

Hello. I would like to purchase 10 of your 48" reptisun 5.0's. If you could please give me the total with shipping. If its easier I do have a DHL account and you can ship through that. Let me know. Have a good day.

David Loftin
dirtystinkystuff.com

----------------------------------------------

Click on (or cut and paste into you browser's
location window) the URL below to view the ad that
this message is in response to.

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=416620&cat=22

----------------------------------------------

"cnlreptiles@sbcglobal.net" <cnlreptiles@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

hello,
I have 9 of the 48" left. shipping/handling/packing is $26. I dont have dhl in my area, I will prob. use UPS or USPS.

-----------------------------------------------------
"cnlreptiles@sbcglobal.net" <cnlreptiles@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

actually, scratch that shipping quote I just gave you. It will be $38 for shipping.

David Loftin <davidloftin@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Wow. That is some expensive shipping. I am located in California. I do know that USPS and UPS have cheaper rates for instate shipping. I forgot to say that in the original order. Please let me know if this makes a difference.

David Loftin

-------------------------------------------------------

SILLY & CRAZY <cnlreptiles@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

hey there,
let me have your zip code and I will do a ship quote for the 9 bulbs if you are still interested.

------------------------------------------------------

sorry i didn't get back to you. 94804 is the shipping address
thanks

SILLY & CRAZY wrote:
> $16.75 for shipping/packing. if you pay by 2 pm today, I can ship them out and you will prob. get them by monday. paypal address is cnlreptiles@sbcglobal.net we accept credit cards through paypal.

Hello. Your package arrived today. There is however quite a few problems. First and most obvious problem is that I ordered and paid for 9 Reptisun Bulbs. I was shipped 2 reptisun bulbs and 7 iguana lights. The second problem is that the bulbs are old, the packaging is old and has been opened and is worn and one of the bulbs even has broken pins. The bulbs have obviously been used, have dust embedded on them and are discolored. All of the bulbs are in this condition. Your ad is titled "BRAND NEW IN BOX REPTISUN 5.0, OR IGUANA....". The items that you have sent me are misrepresented and incorrectly shipped. Please contact me when you receive this email. You can do so via email or you can also contact me via telephone at 510 *** ****.

Eagerly awaiting your response,

David Loftin
dirtystinkystuff.com

---------------------------------------------------------

SILLY & CRAZY wrote:
> the bulbs are all brand new. never used, remained in their original box and never taken out, stored in my garage, reptisun bulb is the same as iguana light, ask Zoo Med, they will tell you the same thing.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your quick reply. You are however missing the point. The ad was for "Brand New in box.." items. The packaging and the bulbs themselves have dust embedded on them. One of the bulbs pins are broken. All of the bulbs give off a yellow hue when using them. I have brand new bulbs that I have tested in the same fixture... same type of bulb and its a blue/white hue. The bulbs were not as advertised. Please see the below pictures.

http://dirtystinkystuff.com/bulb/bulb_1.jpg
http://dirtystinkystuff.com/bulb/bulb_2.jpg
http://dirtystinkystuff.com/bulb/bulb_3.jpg
http://dirtystinkystuff.com/bulb/bulb_4.jpg
http://dirtystinkystuff.com/bulb/bulb_5.jpg
http://dirtystinkystuff.com/bulb/bulb_6.jpg

David Loftin
dirtystinkystuff.com

---------------------------------------------------

SILLY & CRAZY wrote:
> wow, did the shipping box show up ripped open?

----------------------------------------------------

Yes.

David Loftin
dirtystinkystuff.com

--------------------------------------------------

SILLY & CRAZY wrote:
> well then, you need to put in a claim with UPS for the damaged pins

-------------------------------------------------

At this moment in time I believe the correct thing for me to do is get in touch with Paypal and tell them that the items that I ordered from you were misrepresented.

David Loftin
dirtystinkystuff.com

SILLY & CRAZY wrote:
> you are blaming me for broken pins, yet you send me a pic of the shipping box showing up ripped open???/ doesnt make any sense.

Whomever I am talking to.. Since you have yet to state your name in any of our correspondences. You don't seem to be absorbing all of the information that I have given you. All of the packages are old/open, dust around the bulbs, obvious signs of wear on the bulbs and boxes. They were advertised a Brand New in box. Neither the box or bulb are new. I am stating that you have misrepresented the item that you sold me. The fact that the box was ripped open on one corner makes no difference on the condition of the bulbs or their packaging. They were well padded and not exposed when the box arrived. The condition of the bulb boxes are clearly shown in picture # 3, 4 and 6. They were not in new condition and not as pictured on your ad.

David Loftin
dirtystinkystuff.com

--------------------------------------------------------
SILLY & CRAZY wrote:
> the bulbs are brand new, never used. maybe during transit, they were thrown around which is obvious with the shipping box ripped and the phosphorus got messed up inside the bulb

Yet again, you have not read my whole email.
1. You have failed to identify yourself.
2. All of the boxes show wear and tear not caused by shipping.
3. The boxes and bulbs show signs of wear and tear due to old age and usage.

I have mail ordered Florescent bulbs in the mail before and have never had any problems. I know what a new box looks like. I know what a new bulb looks like, and the color its supposed to emit when new. I worked at a reptile store in berkeley for 5 years. I sold and used these bulbs on a daily basis. I do not find this transaction acceptable. I would like it to be remedied immediately.

David Loftin
dirtystinkystuff.com

SILLY & CRAZY wrote:
the remedy I see would be to contact UPS and file a claim for the broken pins and damaged shipping box. Again, THESE ARE BRAND NEW BULBS, QUIT SAYING THEY ARE USED. DO YOU SEE BLACK BURN AT THE ENDS?????????

---------------------------------------------------
this concluded our email correspondance, I then went Paypal to file a claim.
the messages are follows:
Not as described - Case ID: PP-197-265-041

Transaction ID: 0JT71507433862532

Seller Name & Email: THE REPTILE RANCH, cnlreptiles@sbcglobal.net

Transaction Amount: -$70.75 USD

Transaction Date: Aug. 31, 2006

------------------------------------------------

From buyer: david loftin on 9/1/2006 22:41 PDT

I have tried to civilly resolve this with you. 1. Ordered 9 Reptisun bulbs. Received 2 Reptisun bulbs and 7 Iguana Lights 2. The shipment was open upon arrival. 3. The bulbs were represented as being "Brand New in box Reptisun.." 4. The bulb boxes show apparent signs of old age and prior usage. 5. The bulbs show signs of usage including dust, broken pins [on one unit], scratches and oily residue. These damages were not caused by shipping. 6. Upon testing the bulbs, the light emitted from the purchased bulbs is not comparable to new/unused bulbs tested in the same fixture. I am completely disatisfied with this transaction and I have tried to resolve this amicably. This is my last resort. Again here are the pictures that I sent you of the damaged products. http://dirtystinkystuff.com/bulb/bulb_1.jpg http://dirtystinkystuff.com/bulb/bulb_2.jpg http://dirtystinkystuff.com/bulb/bulb_3.jpg http://dirtystinkystuff.com/bulb/bulb_4.jpg http://dirtystinkystuff.com/bulb/bulb_5.jpg http://dirtystinkystuff.com/bulb/bulb_6.jpg

From seller: THE REPTILE RANCH on 9/1/2006 23:03 PDT

bulbs were $54 shipping was $16.75. buyer says bulbs were damaged and shipping box was ripped open when he received it and he refuses to file a claim with the carrier. the bulbs were brand new and completely unused. I dont understand why he keeps saying they are used? he is harrasing me and has sent too many malicious emails.
--------------------------------------------------

From buyer: david loftin on 9/2/2006 13:04 PDT

You have yet to respond to the original problem. The products that I ordered from you were not as described. The were advertised as "Brand New in box.." not as "stored in my garage" for who knows how long. You have also yet to address numerous things that I have brought to your attenion. 1. Seller has failed to identify him/her self during correspondence. 2. All of the boxes show wear and tear not caused by shipping. 3. The boxes and bulbs show signs of wear and tear due to old age and usage. The bottom line is the products that I ordered from you were not represented properly. I was shipped different products than I ordered. They are not in Brand New Condition. I am not satisfied with this transacation. I contacted you stating that I dissatisfied with this transaction, the condition of the products were not as described and you have not provided any help or interest in resolution.

From seller: THE REPTILE RANCH on 9/2/2006 13:09 PDT

I am The Reptile Ranch, you know this so why are you saying I failed to identify myself???? You received exactly what you ordered, brand new, unused bulbs. If they arrived in damaged condition, you need to file a claim with the carrier and stop telling me that I sent you damaged bulbs.

From buyer: david loftin on 9/2/2006 13:04 PDT

You have yet to respond to the original problem. The products that I ordered from you were not as described. The were advertised as "Brand New in box.." not as "stored in my garage" for who knows how long. You have also yet to address numerous things that I have brought to your attenion. 1. Seller has failed to identify him/her self during correspondence. 2. All of the boxes show wear and tear not caused by shipping. 3. The boxes and bulbs show signs of wear and tear due to old age and usage. The bottom line is the products that I ordered from you were not represented properly. I was shipped different products than I ordered. They are not in Brand New Condition. I am not satisfied with this transacation. I contacted you stating that I dissatisfied with this transaction, the condition of the products were not as described and you have not provided any help or interest in resolution.

From buyer: david loftin on 9/2/2006 13:12 PDT

Sorry the same thing was posted twice. I am asking YOUR name, not, your business name. I have no resort other then to escalate this to a claim with paypal.

From seller: THE REPTILE RANCH on 9/2/2006 13:09 PDT

I am The Reptile Ranch, you know this so why are you saying I failed to identify myself???? You received exactly what you ordered, brand new, unused bulbs. If they arrived in damaged condition, you need to file a claim with the carrier and stop telling me that I sent you damaged bulbs.

From buyer: david loftin on 9/2/2006 13:16 PDT

I am completely willing to ship these products back to the seller, however, I am not willing to pay for shipping. They were misrepresented and it is clearly seen in the pictures on the first massage I made in the dispute center. I have all the correspondance available for examination by a paypal representative. David Loftin dirtystinkystuff.com

From PayPal: PayPal on 9/2/2006 13:16 PDT

Buyer escalated this dispute to a Claim.

We are sending him/her/it an email notifying them of this thread so they have a chance to respond. This is all of the correspondance and details, these are the Facts, nothing has been edited or ommited except our phone number. We were never contacted by him/her/it by tellephone.

the kingsnake ad has been removed since last night when we initially contacted them with a problem, however, here is a link to the reptile ranch photobucket account http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/REPTILERANCH/
and these were the pictures used in the ad to show the lights we were to be purchasing.

Paypal contacted us to state that we would NOT be issued a refund. that email is here:
-------------------------------------------
Dear david loftin,

Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User
Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It
does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods
received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a
refund.

Transaction Details

Transaction Date: Aug 31, 2006
Transaction Amount: -$70.75 USD
Your Transaction ID: 0JT71507433862532
Seller's Transaction ID: 1V986223YT596435E
Case Number: PP-197-265-041
Seller's Name: THE REPTILE RANCH
Seller's Email: cnlreptiles@sbcglobal.net
----------------------------------------

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Buyer beware.

Tamara Locke and David Loftin
dirtystinkystuff.com

Old 09-02-2006, 05:24 PM   #2
bleeding_sarcasm
Subject: Re: Message about: BRAND NEW IN BOX REPTISUN 5.0, OR IGUANA 5.0 15,36,48" $6ea.
Date: 9/2/2006 2:20 PM
To: "SILLY & CRAZY" <cnlreptiles@sbcglobal.net>

We have made a post on the BOI about this issue. The page can be seen here:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...117#post426117

David Loftin
dirtystinkystuff.com

------------------------------------
Tamara Locke and David Loftin
dirtystinkystuff.com

Old 09-02-2006, 05:31 PM   #3
ravensgait
Makes me think that (What's the persons Name) sent you messed up lights and figured that if you were unhappy with them you'd hit the carrier up for the money and not them. Randy

Old 09-02-2006, 05:35 PM   #4
bleeding_sarcasm
exactly. or he/she/it had a few lights that were past their prime, and he still had the boxes in the bottom of his garage, and he/she/it thought they could repackage them and sell them as new... and then send it in a faulty shipping box, and blame the courier for the damage.

even better was the email i just got:
--------------------------------------------
SILLY & CRAZY wrote:

thanks so much! the more posts I get on the boi, the more business I get! keep up the good work and keep those posts coming! you are actually advertising for me and it creates more business for me.
---------------------------------------------

wow

tamara locke and david loftin
dirtystinkystuff.com

Old 09-02-2006, 08:47 PM   #5
liquidleaf
Yeah, it's pretty obvious that those boxes have been opened and closed many many times. I'm disappointed that PayPal didn't honor your claim, since you didn't receive what the buyer advertised! If you used a CC via PayPal, you can still file a claim with your CC company. Since I started reading the BOI, I make SURE I fund my PayPal transactions with my credit card and not my bank account EXACTLY for that reason.

And it's far from professional for ANYONE operating a business to refuse to give you their own PERSONAL name, and just hide behind their business name. To me that indicates a lack of pride in the company, or a desire to limit having their name attached to their business's doings.

Old 09-03-2006, 01:16 AM   #7
Psikosis
Is anyone still here. I will tell you their names and give you the phone number. These people are scum and scammers. I have been fighting w/these scammers for over a month

Old 09-03-2006, 01:24 AM   #8
Psikosis

Old 09-03-2006, 01:50 AM   #9
Dennis Hultman
Chuck and Laura
209-829-1227

Quote:
reptileranch

Full Name:
LAURA GRAY

Old 09-03-2006, 01:58 AM   #10
Dennis Hultman
"1725 w.pacheco blvd
los banos ca, 93635

ph# 209-829-1227"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!